Forum > General

Cursor doesn't move to event procedure clicked in property inspector

(1/1)

vfclists:
I am using Lazarus 3.0 and I've noticed that when I double click an event in the property editor, the function comes into view in the editor but the cursor is not moved to it, eg double clicking OnClick brings up btnButtonClick but I have to squint at the nearby similarly named functions to get to the right one.

This is different from case when double clicking the button itself brings up the OnClick event in the editor with the cursor placed in it.

I am certain this is a bug. Although I haven't used Lazarus in a while I'm certain the cursor jumped to the function location if clicked in the property editor.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: vfclists on February 16, 2024, 12:54:04 am ---I am using Lazarus 3.0 and I've noticed that when I double click an event in the property editor, the function comes into view in the editor but the cursor is not moved to it, eg double clicking OnClick brings up btnButtonClick but I have to squint at the nearby similarly named functions to get to the right one.

This is different from case when double clicking the button itself brings up the OnClick event in the editor with the cursor placed in it.

I am certain this is a bug. Although I haven't used Lazarus in a while I'm certain the cursor jumped to the function location if clicked in the property editor.

--- End quote ---

Which button? Which OS and widgetset?

Works fine on WIndows for TButton, TSpeedButton,  TBitBtn and TRadioButton.

vfclists:

--- Quote ---Which button? Which OS and widgetset?

Works fine on WIndows for TButton, TSpeedButton,  TBitBtn and TRadioButton.
--- End quote ---

Which button - not just buttons, all controls

Lazarus - Built on GTK

OS - Debian Linux

GUI - KDE 5

When I restart Lazarus and open a form in the IDE, selecting a control, going to an event in the property editor, and double clicking the event to bring it up works properly once, ie the event procedure shows up and the cursor is placed in it.

After that any such clicking  only brings up the procedure without placing the cursor in it.

Sometimes it highlights some tokens in the code for no obvious reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version