Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

Disable an TMemo...

(1/2) > >>

Espectr0:
Hola,

As the title says, make a new project, put a TMemo and disable it "memo1.Enabled := False", it only disables the use of the mouse, with the keyboard I can continue writing...
is this a bug?

Gracias

TRon:

--- Quote from: Espectr0 on February 10, 2024, 05:11:22 pm ---is this a bug?

--- End quote ---
I would expect it is (I am not sure as I do not know enough about macos widgetset internals) because I was unable to locate a specific mention about the subject on the wiki for both carbon and cocoa. Status for widgetset/controls can be read here (though the last update was over a year ago)

edit: assuming you are using cocoa, the nstextview's superclass NSText seem to support disabling text editing (see also apple docs) though I have no idea how that would work out in the LCL widgetset/interface implementation.

Espectr0:
Thanks, I'll do some research

Hansaplast:
Feels like a bug indeed.
Just commenting to confirm that I'm seeing this here as well with Lazarus fromtrunk.
Lazarus 3.99 (rev main_3_99-1411-g2c81dff5d9) FPC 3.3.1 aarch64-darwin-cocoa

TRon:
@Hansaplast:
Thank you for the confirmation and report.

@Espectr0:
Would be nice that in case you got somewhere if you are able to share, if only to update the wiki to confirm the current status. Unfortunately it seems a bit like a lonely task as in all these years it does not seem to have been mentioned/raised once (but tbh I did not spent too much time in the bugtracker about this particular issue).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version