Forum > Android

LAMW: This app isn't compatible/Slow with Android 14

<< < (4/4)

c4p:
Progress, the 'App isn't compatible' is gone if built with Aarch64 chipset, but sluggishness is still present.
I will carry out further tests, thank you!

c4p:
Was great to get rid of the 'App is not compatible' but the sluggishness is still there and have gone over and over but can't find anything wrong with my code and works perfect on lower APIs, just not on Android 14.
You may not immediately notice it, but if you compare a LAMW app on a slower phone on Android 12 it will easily outperform the LAMW app on Android 14 on a faster phone (on my phone at least, a Samsung A14 Galaxy which was super quick on Android 13 before the upgrade, other apps are fine on the phone though)....like rotating a video for example, Android 12 completes the task quicker on a slower phone than a faster phone on Android 14, and scrolling with a jListView with image/widget is sticky.
I instantly noticed the issue after the phone Android upgrade to 14.
I have also checked this but nothing helps: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/14/behavior-changes-14

Does anyone have any ideas?  :(

dseligo:

--- Quote from: c4p on February 14, 2024, 12:25:32 am ---like rotating a video for example, Android 12 completes the task quicker on a slower phone than a faster phone on Android 14,
--- End quote ---

Is this video in your application or is this phone generally slower on Android 14?

Can you try some demos in LAMW and write here which ones are slow? I could then test the same demos on my phone (S23, also Android 14).

c4p:
Just my app, other apps work fine on my phone and the demos work fine and rotate quickly for example, it's just my app on Android 14, there was a marked difference between Android 13 and 14 I noticed it the minute I upgraded, so I am going to try and rebuild my project from scratch which will take a while to do but it's the only option I have left as I suspect there is something amiss on the build with Android 14 as it runs perfect on Android 13 and below.
I'm using the AppCompat theme.

--- Quote from: dseligo on February 14, 2024, 01:27:58 am ---
--- Quote from: c4p on February 14, 2024, 12:25:32 am ---like rotating a video for example, Android 12 completes the task quicker on a slower phone than a faster phone on Android 14,
--- End quote ---

Is this video in your application or is this phone generally slower on Android 14?

Can you try some demos in LAMW and write here which ones are slow? I could then test the same demos on my phone (S23, also Android 14).

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version