Forum > Android

LAMW: This app isn't compatible/Slow with Android 14

(1/4) > >>

c4p:
Upgraded my phone today and now have Android 14 and my app is slow/jittery, it does run but keeps coming up with 'This app isn't compatible with the latest version of Android. Check for an update or contact the app developer'. every time you install it manually and run it and the performance is terrible, like really bad. I have a Samsung A14 so not sure, other apps work fine on the phone so assuming it's my LAMW config, and my app runs smooth on my old Pixel running Android 12. I have disabled everything on startup and anything that could cause performance issues like badly written OnDrawItemBitmap code etc. but still the same.
Normally I would know how to sort this, ensure latest Platform API is installed to the SDK folder, checked Java JDK with different versions.
I have SDK platforms android-30 to android-34 including android--ext8 including android-34-ext10, as I say it runs, just really badly and the 'This app isn't compatible' nag message when you install it first time. Tried JDK 8 to 21, no difference, also a few Gradle versions but no joy.
Done a cleanup/build, tested fresh app and does same on Android 14, also Theme Default or compat makes no difference....really annoying, I wish I could roll back the phone update. Like I say, works perfect on my other Android 12 phone.
Up to speed on minimum SDK and Target SDK etc. so it's not that, have also tried other combinations but no difference. I am doing this in Debug mode, not release.
TargetSDK - 34
MinSDK - 23

Windows 10, Lazarus v2.0.12 r64642 LAMW v0.8.6.4

Not seeing anything in the behaviour changes that are screaming at me here: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/14/behavior-changes-all

What am I missing? any ideas?
Posting this in desperation as it's game over for me at the moment in terms of using LAMW on API34.

:'(

marcos-ebm:
[using the translator]

I don't know how to help you, but I saw that you are using LAMW 0.8.6.3

Did you try to update LAMW to the new version 0.8.6.4??

c4p:
Sorry, that was a typo, should have been v0.8.6.4, I have corrected it. Yes, I'm on the latest LAMW.

App runs but shows 'App isn't compatible...'  and sluggish performance like there is an interrupt slicing the CPU.
App runs perfect on Android 11 and 12 (different devices), but not on Android 14, slow/sluggish and App isn't compatible nag screen.

Permissions in use:
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

Service:
<service android:name=".jDownloadService"/>

Nothing else weird in the Manifest, this is an app requiring internet access to download content, nothing fancy going on.

I notice a slow response on rotate and scrolling is 'sticky' or 'jittery' not very technical terms I know, but this shows there is something going on with Android 14, I don't have another physical Android 14 device to test but all other apps on my Android 14 device work fine.
I have also tested a newer NDK but same issue.

I will keep testing though.

jmpessoa:
What about

change "MinSDK - 23"  to "MinSDK - 24" ?

PS. What about your LAMW setup? (JDK version, gradle version,  Android SDK version...)

c4p:
I tried changing the MinSDK to API24, but no difference.
Tried a few different combos but generally use JDK 21 and Gradle 8.5 (also tried a few others), Android version, I have tried LAMW Manager stock, Android Studio stock etc. and have Platforms 30-34-ext10, no change on any of them, still sluggish performance and App isn't compatible....also tried NDK 22 and 24.
I have no clue what's causing this, only happens on Android 14, was also working fine on Android 13 before the upgrade and works perfect on Android 12 on my other device.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version