Forum > Linux

Updating Lazarus from 2.2.6 to 3 through fpcupdeluxe fails ERROR: Lazarus Native

(1/2) > >>

lib3:
Hi,

I have Lazarus 2.2.6 installed through fpcupdeluxe.
Now, I'd want to update it to the 3 version.
In fpcupdeluxe I pressed the button Install/Update Fpc+Lazarus, both versions using 'stable'.

There are some errors:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---?? packager/globallinks/frameviewer09-11.lplfpcupdeluxe: Executing: /usr/bin/git config remote.origin.url (working dir: /home/lupe/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus)https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus.git/fpcupdeluxe: Executing: /usr/bin/git describe --tags (working dir: /home/lupe/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus)lazarus_2_2_6fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: Lazarus Native Installer (CheckModule: Lazarus): Repo tag and desired tag do not match.fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: Lazarus Native Installer (CheckModule: Lazarus): The desired lazarus_3_0 is different from local repository-tag.  ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !Sequencer (Lazarus): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence LazarusSequencer (Default): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence Default
I already stumbled upon not being able to install htmlviewer, I can't also get Lazarus to work as a single window application (I'll post in another topic), now this.

What is the problem with all these?  If I choose 'stable' why doesn't this install or update smoothly?

DonAlfredo:
This is by design. With fpcupdeluxe, you cannot upgrade an existing install to a different version.
Just install into a new install directory.

Please note.
As you are planning to install stable versions of both FPC and Lazarus, my advice would be to use the downloads provided by the Lazarus team.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

lib3:
Thank you @DonAlfredo.

I don't need the latest and greatest unstable versions, just need thinks to work fine without hassles, to be able to install packages without issues.

So, taking your suggestion into account, I could access the corresponding packages versions from the Packages menu in Lazarus, correct?
And when a new stable Lazarus version is released, would it be able to update over the old installation?

DonAlfredo:
You can install and remove the Lazarus packages from the menu indeed.
The best package should immediately install is OPM, the Online Package Manager. This will give you access to many more packages that will add a lot of extra features !!
So, best practice.
1: install FPC and Lazarus from the official Lazarus downloads.
2: install OPM.
3: install more  packages from Lazarus itself and OPM.
4: enjoy.

AFAIK, every version of FPC and Lazarus will be installed in its own directory.

lib3:
Thank you very much @DonAlfredo!

It worked fine, even with the single window for Lazarus!

Maybe you can give me good advice regarding something else.
I used Turbo Pascal and was great.
But Pascal has changed a lot and many old constructs are not used anymore.
Is there any directive to place in the code so that the compiler only accepts new constructs, like ansistrings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version