Forum > General

lazarus controlling compiler verbosity

(1/1)

Чебурашка:
Hello
in /etc/fpc.cfg (debian does so) I have:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---# Verbosity-viwn 
once I open a project in lazarus I see

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ----vewnhibq 
so it is added

* e errors
* h hints
* b filenames
* q message numbers
Errors is fine and hints I set in project options.

But where are b and q set? And is it possible to remove them?

And in general how is possible in lazarus to manually control the compiler verbosity in order to "override" the settings set at OS level? I mean discard completely any other setting and use the local one, not add or modify previously existing ones.

Bart:
I think that Lazarus codetools and quickfixes need the b and q options.

Bart

Thaddy:
You can have very finely grained warning-hint-note control by using $push-$warn xxxx off - ;your code-  $pop, were xxxx is the warning or hint number. See the wiki. If you turn this off in the sourcecode those warnings will be ignored by the global options too.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Bart on December 06, 2023, 11:33:03 am ---I think that Lazarus codetools and quickfixes need the b and q options.

--- End quote ---

Correct. Otherwise you won't have correct mapping of the messages to files or potential quick fixes in the actions for example.

Чебурашка:
Thank you all, eventually I posted a more specific topic elsewhere and with the suggestions of Thaddy and TRon I came to a satisfactory solution.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,65463.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version