Forum > Graphics

Placing an image on a form/panel???

(1/2) > >>

1HuntnMan:
I thought this would be easy and it probably is but I'm trying to just place a jpg image on an About form in my project.  I placed a TImage component on my form and loaded a small .jpg image and it's like the image is so huge, it doesn't show but a very small portion of the image. I saw a post of something similar and the discussion was about a Fractal image. Anyway, would welcome a suggestion, thanks.

wp:
TImage has a "Stretch" property which, if true, squeezes the image into the bounds of the TImage control. I recommend to also check the "Proportional" property which keeps the aspect ratio width/height.

But... I'd recommend to reduce the size of the image before adding it to the TImage - it does not make sense to squeeze a 20 mega-pixel image down to icon size

1HuntnMan:
Yup, I just reduced the size drastically with Paint.  Then loaded it and it's almost the size I want but thanks.  I thought originally it was small but not near small enough. I changed it to a .bmp file and getting there. Thanks wp, 1HuntnMan

Josh:
project attached might give you some ideas, check out the properties of the controls, esp the anchor docking.

Josh:
pic below, projand pic over .5MB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version