Forum > Graphics

Text to images Generator (Console app generating bitmaps with text)

<< < (2/17) > >>

barracuda:
Thank you I got error near declaration of bmp and first use of type TRect .

unit2.pas(40,12) Fatal: Syntax error, ";" expected but "identifier BMP" found

I don't see whats wrong

Lazarus 2.2.6

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit unit2; {$mode ObjFPC}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls,  Graphics, Dialogs, StdCtrls,  Types, LCLType, LCLIntf; type   { TForm2 }   TForm2 = class(TForm)    Button1: TButton;    procedure Button1Click(Sender: TObject);  private   public   end; var  Form2: TForm2; implementation {$R *.lfm} { TForm2 } procedure TForm2.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);  const MARGIN = 3;  const TXT = 'A word';var  bmp: TBitmap;  ext: TSize;  R: TRect;begin  bmp := TBitmap.Create;  try    // Set the font and measure the text size    bmp.Canvas.Font.Name := 'Arial';    bmp.Canvas.Font.Size := 24;    bmp.Canvas.Font.Color := clRed;    bmp.Canvas.Font.Style := [fsItalic];    R.TopLeft := Point(0, 0);    R.BottomRight := TPoint(bmp.Canvas.TextExtent(TXT));    // Set the size of the bitmap (= text size + margin)    bmp.SetSize(R.Right + 2*MARGIN, R.Bottom + 2*MARGIN);    // Paint the bitmap's background color    bmp.Canvas.Brush.Color := clWhite;    bmp.Canvas.FillRect(0, 0, bmp.Width, bmp.Height);    // Draw the text    bmp.Canvas.TextOut(MARGIN, MARGIN, TXT);    // Save bitmap to file    bmp.SaveToFile('A_Word.bmp');  finally    bmp.Free;  end;end; end. 

wp:
I don't know - the code is compiling for me... If it still is not working pack the .pas, .lfm, .lpi and .lpr files into a common zip and upload that here ("Attachments and other options") so that I can test the entire project.

barracuda:
I'll try the code when I will be on Windows, maybe it will compile from there. Thank you for afford.

wp:
The code is not specific for Windows, it should compile under other operating systems, too.

barracuda:
Thank you. I have tested it on Windows and no problem. The only problem what I had because I am a newbie using Lazarus, that I have added the unit to already existing project because the old project was opened and I did not close it. It seem that next time I must close the project from Project menu and then select New Project from the same menu...

So I will start linux now because I need to download the fonts which I cannot download on the Windows XP and I can try again to compile it on Linux Mint - Lazarus... and I will ask chatGPT to do the rest of job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version