Forum > Windows (32/64)

Delima, can't get Lazarus to run after multiple reinstallations!

<< < (2/3) > >>

440bx:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on October 10, 2023, 04:45:59 pm ---But Lazarus 3.0 writes projects in a new format, and then 2.2.6 can no longer open them (there is a setting in project options, I would need to look it up though).

--- End quote ---
Question: is there an option in Lazarus 3.0 to have it use the old format at all times so v2.2.6 (and hopefully prior) can still open the projects ?

Thank you for the help :)

dsiders:

--- Quote from: 440bx on October 10, 2023, 06:26:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martin_fr on October 10, 2023, 04:45:59 pm ---But Lazarus 3.0 writes projects in a new format, and then 2.2.6 can no longer open them (there is a setting in project options, I would need to look it up though).

--- End quote ---
Question: is there an option in Lazarus 3.0 to have it use the old format at all times so v2.2.6 (and hopefully prior) can still open the projects ?

Thank you for the help :)

--- End quote ---

It is a per-project setting. See reply #4.

440bx:

--- Quote from: dsiders on October 10, 2023, 06:28:16 pm ---It is a per-project setting. See reply #4.

--- End quote ---
I should have realized that's what it meant.  Thank you pointing it out :)

1HuntnMan:
Well ...
After all the issues trying to write this system, I've finally figured out that I'm sure I have a memory issue with my computer itself. It runs apps like word processors like WPS Office or Notepad++. Delphi 7 won't run. Turbo Tax has an issue. This computer is a Dell All-in-One which is about 4-1/2 years old. Tried running PC Health Check --> Dell Support Assist and it won't run. I believe this computer has a memory issue. So, believe my issue is the computer because I don't see anyone having issues like I'm having in the Lazarus Community Forum. I have progressed from a Project with a main form. No problem running it. Add a second unit/form, no problem. But, when I add a third form, that's when I start having issues. Everything compiles without an issue but when I RUN, it bombs. If I shut down Lazarus and just run the executable, it doesn't launch. If I run the Task Manager and then run the executable, it appears for about 4 seconds and disappears.
So, ordered a new computer 2 days ago and it will be here tomorrow sometime. I'm almost positive that when I get everything loaded, I have have an external drive I have my whole system backup up with everything that matters. It's coming with Winders 11 so we'll see. Can't wait, LoL!

wp:
When there is strange, unexplainable behaviour of a computer, in particular with non-mainstream applications such as FPC or Lazarus, the first candidate is always the anti-virus protection. Turn off your anti-virus system for a test, or at least put the Lazarus/FPC folders and your project folders on the white-list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version