Forum > Editor

anything in the clipboard of MS Word shows up in my project file

<< < (2/2)

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: billd on August 17, 2023, 05:14:39 pm ---I close all the open files
I created a new project and entered some code. I compiled it, ran it.

--- End quote ---

I don't know if it is related... It still wouldn't explain anything...
But:

"Menu: File > Close all files" Does not close the current project.

Just in case you did that menu item, and expected different.

Of course if you do "Menu: Project > New Project" It will ask you do if to save the current project, and then close it.
If you used that. If you just did "Menu: File > new unit" then you are still in the old project.

And if you save it later under a new name.... If you did compile before the new name, then you did save under the old name.

wp:

--- Quote from: billd on August 20, 2023, 08:11:42 pm ---It happens when I use a ^F in the IDE to find something. 

--- End quote ---
Just a - very - wild guess: F and V are very close on the keyboard. Maybe you hit ^V instead of ^F?

billd:
WP, I don't think that's the case. I've used the ^V and ^C frequently and I don't have the issue show up elsewhere, but I will keep my eyes open for that possibility.

I will continue to try and narrow this down more. There is obviously something I am doing that's unique to me since it does not seem to be a common problem.

Thanks all.

1HuntnMan:
I do something similar that you do especially copying a bit of code from an old code files but I use NotePad++. Word probably has hidden stuff even when you copy/paste whether you right-click and select copy or Ctrl-C.
As for printing, NotePad++ will learn that you are opening up a pascal file and it's easy to format for printing.
Just a suggestion...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version