Recent

Author Topic: Browser as a view using WebUI  (Read 3293 times)

delphius

Browser as a view using WebUI
« on: June 09, 2023, 11:18:50 pm »
WebUI is a lightweight portable lib witch helps you to use any web browser as GUI, with your preferred language in the backend and HTML5 in the frontend.

I made a wrapper for webui on free pascal, tested it, made several examples, everything works great.

This is an analogue of the library WebView that was written about in this topic

I used Qooxdoo as a JavaScript framework in the browser to replace LCL on regular desktop forms

Has anyone else worked in this direction? Are there any similar working schemes for using a browser with RIA as a representation for desktop applications?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 07:50:46 am by delphius »
fpmtls - ssl/tls 1.3 implementation in pure pascal
fpmailsend - sending a simple email message
pascal-webui - use web browser as gui and fpc as backend

egsuh

Re: Browser as a view using WebUI
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 12:07:19 am »
I have tried VirtualUI here: https://www.cybelesoft.com/thinfinity/virtualui/.

Installing this, I can run my Windows application in webbrowser. It was not bad, but not using it yet.

I'd like to look into WebUI.

delphius

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 09:43:04 am »
Installing this, I can run my Windows application in webbrowser
Yes, I watched this product, it's more about virtualization and has nothing to do with native development of web interfaces with a backend in a programming language other than js.
Using a library like WebUI is a natural intermediate step before moving to native development using pas2js and webassembly, which awaits us in the future, according to this roadmap
fpmtls - ssl/tls 1.3 implementation in pure pascal
fpmailsend - sending a simple email message
pascal-webui - use web browser as gui and fpc as backend

Sartaj

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 09:04:38 pm »
It is a good library. You can develop desktop app with HTML/JS. But i face problem where you can't embed JS to live website. It uses webui.js link to activate backend code. If it can embed JS code to any live website then it can work as browser extension. I am also looking to use of profile settings. If these are possible in this then we don't need to compile cef.
WebUI is a lightweight portable lib witch helps you to use any web browser as GUI, with your preferred language in the backend and HTML5 in the frontend.

I made a wrapper for webui on free pascal, tested it, made several examples, everything works great.

This is an analogue of the library WebView that was written about in this topic

I used Qooxdoo as a JavaScript framework in the browser to replace LCL on regular desktop forms

Has anyone else worked in this direction? Are there any similar working schemes for using a browser with RIA as a representation for desktop applications?

Ericktux

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 02:54:27 pm »
Hello friends, I am trying to use WEBUI in Lazarus Pascal but when building the example I get the error "webui-2.dll" does not find the file.  :(
PS: I am using lazarus 3.0 x64 in win10x64

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 03:03:41 pm »
Hello friends, I am trying to use WEBUI in Lazarus Pascal but when building the example I get the error "webui-2.dll" does not find the file.  :(
PS: I am using lazarus 3.0 x64 in win10x64
Go to https://webui.me/ , press Download, choose your operating system, download the file, extract it in your "example" folder where the binary .exe is, et voila.
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 08:58:45 pm »
Or use CEF in Kiosk mode.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

egsuh

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 03:29:16 am »
Is this only for "viewing" purpose or can this replace many Lazarus form elements like TEdit, TTreeview, etc.?

Ericktux

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 02:39:24 pm »
Hello friend, I imagine you can use the html5 elements and link them with Pascal code, greetings

TinyPortal © 2005-2018