Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] CoWaitForMultipleObjects in ppc1.exe  (Read 2845 times)

Red_prig

[SOLVED] CoWaitForMultipleObjects in ppc1.exe
« on: June 06, 2023, 07:46:59 pm »
I tried to download the new trunk version of fpc via fpcupdeluxe and when I run ppc1.exe I get an error that symbol CoWaitForMultipleObjects is unknown, i use Win7 x64 system, compiler no longer supports win7 or what?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 07:32:41 pm by Red_prig »

Awkward

Re: CoWaitForMultipleObjects in ppc1.exe
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 08:23:17 pm »

runewalsh

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 08:53:02 pm »
I’m a little guilty of insisting that an open array should be used, maybe without that the patch would already be accepted. But I still consider it a good idea, as the open array-based interface is fully compatible with the Delphi interface based on a dynamic array, that’s the reason why open arrays exist after all. (Or the devs could change const HandleObjs: array of THandleObject back to const HandleObjs: THandleObjectArray if they really want to.)

Awkward

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 09:47:15 pm »
I’m a little guilty of insisting that an open array should be used, maybe without that the patch would already be accepted. But I still consider it a good idea, as the open array-based interface is fully compatible with the Delphi interface based on a dynamic array, that’s the reason why open arrays exist after all. (Or the devs could change const HandleObjs: array of THandleObject back to const HandleObjs: THandleObjectArray if they really want to.)
this theme problem is not about open arrays but what rtl\win\systhrd.inc file got patch with Win7 incompatible code (20 may 2023 date)

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 09:59:10 pm »
No, only using them makes them incompatible.

runewalsh

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 10:30:48 pm »
marcov, even empty application is incompatible because it uses “basic events”, and if you use THandleObject.WaitForMultiple, things are even worse as it is completely broken.

Red_prig

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2023, 07:53:24 am »
Yes, maybe I didn’t say it clearly, but it caused an explosion for me that automatic dynamic linking completely blocks the launch of the compiler on win7.

Awkward

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 08:30:11 am »
agree. i don't want to use that functions but AT LEAST we have it in compiler which will not work.

Awkward

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 08:31:26 am »
and i posted link to Issues, patch to solve problem from post author was present there

TinyPortal © 2005-2018