Forum > General

[CLOSED] IDE shows wrong Error Message "Cross compiler not supported" (fpcupdelu

(1/8) > >>

Hartmut:
I installed FPC 3.2.2 with Lazarus 2.2.4 on Linux Ubuntu 22.04 64-bit via fpcupdeluxe. Then I added 4 cross-compilers to that installation via fpcupdeluxe:
 - 32-bit (i386)
 - avr (avr5 + avr25)
 - aarch64

Everything works fine. I can successfully compile for all those targets. But when I select in Menu "Project Options / Compiler Options / Config and Target / Target CPU family" = "aarch64" and press OK, then I always get this Error Message:

Compiler "<install_path>/fpc.sh" does not support target aarch64-linux.

When I start the IDE with this "Target CPU family" being active, I always get this message too.

I want to get rid of this wrong Error Message. How can I achieve that? Thanks in advance.

Hartmut:
Hmm, no answers after 4 days. Did I pick the wrong subforum? Did I describe my problem not clear enough? Then please ask...

How does the IDE "decide", whether a selected "Target CPU family" is supported or not? Is there a some kind of configuration file for that, which I could correct?

Martin_fr:
Maybe change the subject to include FpcUpDeluxe.

Sorry, but I don't know anything on the issue itself.

Lazarus would run the compiler (in your case I guess fpc.sh) and ask it what it supports.
I don't know if its possible to capture the output of that....

Hartmut:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on June 09, 2023, 05:28:28 pm ---Maybe change the subject to include FpcUpDeluxe.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Martin_fr. I included 'fpcupdeluxe' into the subject.

--- Quote ---Lazarus would run the compiler (in your case I guess fpc.sh) and ask it what it supports.
I don't know if its possible to capture the output of that....

--- End quote ---
Does this mean, that all cross-compilers are "integrated" into the one main compiler, which fits all? Or does one separate compiler exist for each cross-compiler?

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: Hartmut on June 10, 2023, 08:44:25 am ---Does this mean, that all cross-compilers are "integrated" into the one main compiler, which fits all? Or does one separate compiler exist for each cross-compiler?

--- End quote ---

fpc.exe (or just fpc) on windows is a wrapper/loader. (and fpc.sh is a wrapper around the wrapper // adding the path to the fpc.cfg).

The actual compiler is ppcx86 or ppci386 or ppcarch...
Afaik the should all be in the same folder.

When fpc sees the options for a target/cpu in the param list, it will select the correct ppc... and execute it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version