Recent

Author Topic: How to dock Stack and Project viewers?  (Read 914 times)

Molochnik

How to dock Stack and Project viewers?
« on: May 30, 2023, 02:31:24 am »
I'd like to have the same panels configuration in Lazarus under Linux as it's made in Delphi. I've installed AnchorDockingDsgn and Sparta_dockedformEditor but can't understand how to place the Stack viewer as a bottom panel and to replace Code Explorer/Components panel with Project Manager.

dsiders

Re: How to dock Stack and Project viewers?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 02:48:47 am »
I'd like to have the same panels configuration in Lazarus under Linux as it's made in Delphi. I've installed AnchorDockingDsgn and Sparta_dockedformEditor but can't understand how to place the Stack viewer as a bottom panel and to replace Code Explorer/Components panel with Project Manager.

If you are using a recent version of Lazarus, you should be using the DockedFormEditor package instead of the Sparta one. Sparta has been replaced with the DockedFormEditor package.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

Molochnik

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 12:01:57 pm »
If you are using a recent version of Lazarus, you should be using the DockedFormEditor package instead of the Sparta one. Sparta has been replaced with the DockedFormEditor package.
Ok, thanks, what about AnchorDockingDsgn? Should I keep using it?
2.2.0 is it a recent version? I've installed it using apt-get lazarus on Linux Mint.
P.S.
I installed AnchorDockingDsgn but nothing has changed, plugin settings in Tools/Options don't show anything useful
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 01:12:42 pm by Molochnik »

dsiders

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 04:56:04 pm »
Ok, thanks, what about AnchorDockingDsgn? Should I keep using it?
2.2.0 is it a recent version? I've installed it using apt-get lazarus on Linux Mint.
P.S.
I installed AnchorDockingDsgn but nothing has changed, plugin settings in Tools/Options don't show anything useful

I don't consider 2.2.0 to be very recent. I have 2.2.4, 2.2.6, and 2.3.0 (trunk)  on my system. All of these work pretty well using:

AnchorDocking, AnchorDockingDsgn, and DockedFormEditor.

I don't normally have the Project Inspector docked, but it can be done. See attached image.

Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

Molochnik

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 05:18:45 pm »
dsiders
That looks cool! Exactly what I need, I would just add the Project Manager to navigate the units and everything will be perfect, but first the newer version of course.

Molochnik

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 11:20:19 pm »
dsiders
Thank you very much! I have compiled the latest build 2.3.0, and now everything looks perfect..

TinyPortal © 2005-2018