Forum > General

Class explorer

(1/2) > >>

bpranoto:
Is there a feature in the Lazarus IDE to display Class inheritance?

If I have TParentClass, can I get information all descendant classes like below?

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---TParentClass=class;   TChild1Class=class(TParentClass);       TGrandChild1Class1=class(TChild1Class)       TGrandChild2Class1=class(TChild1Class)   TChild2Class=class(TParentClass);       TGrandChild1Class2=class(TChild2Class)       TGrandChild2Class2=class(TChild2Class) 

Blaazen:
There's only class hierarchy for Components (View -> Components). I don't know any for project itself.

cdbc:
Hi
Dunno about IDE, but you can traverse the class hierarchy backwards from e.g.: TGrandChild2Class2 via the ClassParent function of TObject, yourself.
Regards Benny

Handoko:
I use Code Explorer. Not very good, hope it will be improved in the future.

See the attached screenshot below. There we can see TgiButton is a child class of TgiLabel. And Both TgiRectangle and TgiLabel are child classes of TgiItem.

bpranoto:

--- Quote from: cdbc on May 22, 2023, 05:41:21 pm ---Hi
Dunno about IDE, but you can traverse the class hierarchy backwards from e.g.: TGrandChild2Class2 via the ClassParent function of TObject, yourself.
Regards Benny

--- End quote ---

Traverse backward is easy, we can see the parent class in the class declaration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version