Recent

Author Topic: First impressions  (Read 5841 times)

cunhajr

First impressions
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:39:30 pm »
Hi,

I need to make a new project to winCE and try the KOL-CE with Lazarus FPC, and it is amazing to see the results. Congratulation to the people envolved with it.

After install it, run it in the emulator and read all messages in this forum I have a fews questions:

I need to connect a WinCE app to a firebird database in a windows server, and in that WinCE app I will read some barcodes that I will storage them in to a table in the server ( FB 1.5 ).

My questions are:

1) I only can use components from KOL pallet?

2) in the uses I have uses Windows, Messages, KOL {place your units here->}
{$IFDEF LAZIDE_MCK}, Forms, mirror, Classes, Controls, mckCtrls, mckObjs, Graphics;
{$ELSE} ; {$ENDIF}

It seems that I can use others units from LCL here after KOL unit and before ifdef , is that true?

I think I mess my installation  after try to Build All in configure "build lazarus".  I need to build the packages to wince to use them?

I will reinstall everthing to clean up my mess.

thanks in advance,

Jose Carlos.

cunhajr

Re: First impressions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:34:10 pm »

Ok, I got the my first answer here http://wiki.freepascal.org/Windows_CE_Interface#How_to_add_a_new_control

I am new to Lazarus, so I need more time to get it clear.

I think I can add every compoent that has in the lcl. I will try to use the latest snapshot version.

I would like to see a sample app that has some db access ( firebird will be nice ).

Jose.

Loesje

• Lazarus Support website
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:55:31 pm »
Firebird doesn't have support for winCE. Afaik there is no firebird-client available for the windows mobile platform. So you can not access a firebird-database from windows mobile directly.

Someone else on the forum had the same problem with mysql and posted a solution here.

Maybe you can use that somehow

cunhajr

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:53:53 pm »

I saw this http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq334/  i didn't test it.. I am still trying to fix my lazarus installation, but maybe this works.

I was think about use a webservice to connect to the server. The link you send me is interesting but I need to access a firebird database.

Thanks,

Jose Carlos.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018