Recent

Author Topic: litte bug DockedFormEditor  (Read 1719 times)

mercurhyo

litte bug DockedFormEditor
« on: May 09, 2023, 11:26:05 am »
Hi all.

While using frames and Docked Designer, I noticed that :

1) create a new frame with controls.
2) embed the frame on a form

(the above stage works fine)

3) add an other control in your frame
4) go back to the form

this does not shows any change so the new control does not apear. However if you compile and run then it works fine the control is there

afterwhat you close and restart Lazarus IDE, then the control is also there.

So, I guess DockedForm Editor miss an update stage when working with frames.

Give iit a try, Thank you
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:27:51 am by mercurhyo »
DEO MERCHVRIO - Linux, Win10pro - Ryzen9XT 24threads + Geforce Rtx 3080SUPRIM
god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld

mercurhyo

Re: litte bug DockedFormEditor
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 11:32:22 am »
at 1st, I rewrote my code to align programmatically event properties of the controls (OnChange, Onclick) because I was afraid that the controls in the frame would not follow. and i want to work in a secure env.

So.... please tell the DockedFormEditor developpers and see if they can do something
god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld

mercurhyo

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 11:55:27 am »
oh I forgot

windows 10pro, Lazarus 2.2.6, FPK 3.2.2. I didn't try on linux yet

af0815

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 02:37:07 pm »
Frames in the IDE is a problem since Delphi times. There are some known problems with this. This is the reason, i never use frames placed in a form at designtime.
The refresh is one problem (close and reopen the project is working without closing the whole IDE)
Another problem is, if you overwrite a eventhandler of the frame in the form and delete afterwards the eventhaldler of the form, the original eventhandler of the frame is not restored.
regards
Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018