Recent

Author Topic: Wiki, where do you have to go ?  (Read 3876 times)

Triple

Wiki, where do you have to go ?
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:12 am »
I hope the following critic about the Wiki will be understud right. Its not my intension to cry about something and talk it bad. I only want so show up my personal opinion about the wiki and maybe I am a little bit right about it. If so this could make the wiki better and better.

I just say this before becouse a learned the last years that not verybody looks positive on critic also when ist the truth.

So starting up

In my opinion the wiki for lazarus and fpc is a liitle bit like a labyrinth. Sometimes I am looking for something and I coulden't find it but using Dr. Google shows me up and beem me into the right place inside the wiki. Also sometimes there are differnt explanations to do the same this confuses also quite a bit (e.g building fpc & lazarus)

So till now i am bookmarking the intresting pages for me becouse I know I wouldn found it again. This is a temporarily personal solution but I feel sorry that other people who are looking how to don't find the answers easiely inside the wiki.

So I dont know that I if its only my personal problem. One suggestion could be making a public-opinion poll about the use of the wiki to find out if it possible to make it better.

I want to show in an example which kind of information structure looks up more logical for me

Main -> http://wiki.tuxbox.org/

nice with index -> http://wiki.tuxbox.org/wiki/index.php/Kategorie:FAQ

The the Lazarus/FPC Wiki shuold not be a copy from tuxbox but maybe it helps ore give suggestions to make some points better.

Martin

P.S A lot of questions inside the forums are answered inside the wiki.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: Wiki, where do you have to go ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:35 am »
These ideas seem to be an improvement. I suggest you start implementing them in the wiki. If you are ready, we can replace the current main page and FAQ page.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 06:22:36 pm »
I agree, the Lazarus Wiki should be more organized.

Sometimes I just lost.

Triple

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:02:00 pm »
I could try to do this, but before I need some information about how the wiki web interface is done yet.

I would suggest to do a beta link on the main page for the new tryout wiki

Martin

LazaruX

• Lazarus original cheetah.The cheetah doesn't cheat
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 05:06:46 pm »
I agree about the confusing Labyrinth and about the beta suggestion.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:50:27 pm »
I could try to do this, but before I need some information about how the wiki web interface is done yet.
It is a just a media wiki with a custom style sheet.

I would suggest to do a beta link on the main page for the new tryout wiki

Martin
There is nothing to show yet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018