Recent

Author Topic: MacOS Bundle Editor Early Prototype  (Read 1354 times)

Josh

MacOS Bundle Editor Early Prototype
« on: April 24, 2023, 11:24:05 pm »
Hi Mac Users,

Just started prototyping an Bundle Editor for MacOS Application, AT the moment if you run it and open an appbundle, it analyzes it and displays its set values etc, it highlights important values.

The layout at the moment is a bit of a mess, mainly because they were added as I came across the values.

unfortunately I am not always on the forum, sometimes for days.

Plenty of bugs at the moment.. Its very early. Code is not optimized or neat at the moment.  ;)

NOTE Not tested on Mac, Testing on Windows laptop, with downloaded app bundles, and my own on my mac.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, they are all welcome.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 11:27:19 pm by Josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: MacOS Bundle Editor Early Prototype
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 03:18:23 pm »
I guess you know that Xcode comes with such a utility for macOS - just checking :)

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 09:08:38 pm »
But XCode utility is not nice as this.

Josh

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 11:16:27 am »
Hi

@trev, Yes am aware, but I find xcode rather cumbersome, when I do not use it often. Most of the time I develop on window or nix, then i coompile on macos, so i thought it handy for a utility that allowed me to set and check settings of the info.plsit file on the main developing platform.

As I am having to dig around to get the relevent variables and their use and importance, I am hoping that other can say I need to set this to get this to operate etc..
As Apple seem to add a few with each xcode version, and prioritize some and make them mandatory the utilty can be added to accomodate. 

The utility at the moment is a prototype, so may not ever come to any thing...

Uploaded a version that has more settings in and arranged in a more meaningful way.
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 01:25:29 pm »
The problem with this approach is that the Xcode utility is always going to be up-to-date (regularly updated) and this app is not, but will forever be playing catchup.

So, to alleviate that particular issue, I would read the config variables and meanings from a simple text file so that anyone can update it without the app needing to be recompiled. Just a suggestion.

The other issue I foresee is that some config vars are no longer relevant either having been deprecated or actually removed from recognition.

So perhaps stick to those available in the current at the time Xcode utility rather than adding everything ever found in an app bundle. Again, just a suggestion.

Josh

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 03:07:39 am »
hi
version updated that reads the vars from settings.txt file, and creates the panels and controls on startup.

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 01:05:12 pm »
There should be Environment tab too... eg LANG=xx_XX etc.

Josh

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 08:42:57 pm »
Hi

Attached, version that creates button controls on the fly.

by adding

Code: [Select]
[SECTION NAME]
App_Enviroment_Panel
[PANEL COLOR]
#0#,#47#,#85#
[BUTTON CAPTION]
Environment
[BEGIN DETAILS]
#Environment#,#KEY#,#LSEnvironment#,#NULL#,#TEXT#,#NOT REQUIRED#
[END DETAILS]

to the old settings file, the extra button is created with a new window and control.

There is still loads to do.  %)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 08:48:31 pm by Josh »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018