Forum > Lazarus

Voting for the new Lazarus icon

<< < (2/15) > >>

felipemdc:

--- Quote from: Marius2 on February 15, 2009, 05:16:31 pm ---Sorry to say, but kind of childish icons and look terrible (even the cheetah i voted).

Please go back to the "old" icons

--- End quote ---

The cheetah is the old icon. You are probably not used to the larg image for it because it's only for Mac OS X.

This all started because I don't like the new icons too. They look rather wierd in my oppinion, but other developers disagreed, so ....

glober:
I don't like the cheetah inside the six tooth gear icon. When I first saw the small size icon of that in my XP task bar I thought it was the Jewish hexagram. It's not my intention to start yet another big discussion on the Lazarus name, but the name has too much religious overtone as it is, no need to go further down that road.

Perhaps if the six tooth gear outline was replaced with a regular head outline, it would be a good compromise between the two styles.

Marius2:

--- Quote from: sekel on February 15, 2009, 07:05:42 pm ---The cheetah is the old icon. You are probably not used to the larg image for it because it's only for Mac OS X.
--- End quote ---

Yes, but this is a reworked icon with other colors. There are more cheetah icons then the one that is posted. For example the Cheetah from mid-2008 wasn't the best, but it looked better then this one. But thats just my opinion.

Mayby all icons from the past could be displayed (also in the trayicon) so they can be compared.

paul_nicholls:
Hi guys,
    I much prefer the real cheetah icon (third option, current icon) over the blue or orange stylized cheetah inside the "gear" shape :-)

cheers,
Paul

Marc:
I don't like the 3rd one, it's too "aggessive" to me, to hard edges. I never liked that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version