Recent

Author Topic: Synapse TCP/IP client and server(Second Edition)  (Read 3865 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Synapse TCP/IP client and server(Second Edition)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 05:18:19 pm »
a TimeOut property on the client would be very good for networks with high latency on the server and low connection on the client
so we could control the connection timeout.
There is a ConnectionTimeout constant in unit uTCPSockets(default 5000 ms). Please increase it, then rebuild the client.

ianr42

Re: Synapse TCP/IP client and server(Second Edition)
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2024, 04:04:45 am »
I just wrote my own server - nowhere as good as this one - and have been having trouble with flushing sockets.

So I thought I'd download this one and give it a go to cross check (and I agree with the older comments that it would be great to have this up in git somewhere!).

It has a line in uTCPSockets (line 428) that says
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.  FBlockSocket.ConnectionTimeout := ConnectionTimeout;

The problem is that FBlockSocket - which is a TTCPBlockSocket - has no member called ConnectionTimeout  - either directly or inherited. Well, not in my current synapse version, or on http://synapse.ararat.cz/doc/help/blcksock.TTCPBlockSocket.html

I can, of course, comment out the line - but I'd be curious to know what version of synapse had that as a variable, or has the synapse library been edited for this project?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018