Recent

Author Topic: Limit shown hint/help to actual class?  (Read 430 times)

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
Limit shown hint/help to actual class?
« on: March 28, 2023, 10:34:33 pm »
I wonder if there a possibility that the hint/help display me only things that are valid for the class I am using.

exemplary TSpinEdit

When I do hover over field "Value" or select it in IDE, the IDE show me:

The value for the spin edit control.
——————————————————

Value contains the value for the spin edit control. Its content can be modified using the UI elements for the control (up and down buttons, up and down cursor keys, edit box for the control). It can also be directly assigned in program code.

Changing the value for the property causes the Text for the control to be checked for a valid numeric representation in the property. If the new property value is the same as the existing value, no actions are performed.

When the property value has been stored, internal flags are set to ensure that Modified is updated accordingly and the private UpdateControl method in the ancestor is called. If the handle for the control has been allocated, the Change method in the ancestor is called to post a CM_CHANGED control message and signal OnChange handler(s) assigned for the control.

When changed, Value is constrained to the range defined in the MinValue and MaxValue properties (when assigned). The range limit is not enforced when MinValue and MaxValue have the same value, or when MaxValue is smaller than MinValue.

◈ See also ◈
  _TCustomSpinEdit.MinValue_
  _TCustomSpinEdit.MaxValue_
  _TCustomSpinEdit.Increment_
  _TCustomSpinEdit.GetLimitedValue_
  _TCustomEdit.Modified_
 The floating point value for the spin edit control.
——————————————————

Value is a Double property which contains the floating point value for the spin edit control. It can be modified using the UI elements for the control (up and down buttons, up and down cursor keys, or the edit box for the control). It can also be assigned directly in program code.

Value is a 64-bit real type in the range 5.0E-324 .. 1.7E308 (inclusive), and allows up to 15-16 digits of precision (15 digits for a negative value).

Changing the value for the property causes the Text for the control to be checked for a valid numeric representation for the property. If the new property value is the same as the existing value, no actions are performed.

When the property value has been stored, internal flags are set to ensure that Modified is updated accordingly and the private UpdateControl method is called. If the handle for the control has been allocated, the Change method is called to post a CM_CHANGED control message and signal OnChange handler(s) assigned for the control.

When changed, Value is constrained to the range defined in the MinValue and MaxValue properties (when assigned). The range limits are not enforced when MinValue and MaxValue have the same value, or when MaxValue is smaller than MinValue. When neither MinValue nor MaxValue have been assigned, either -Inf or +Inf is displayed as the value for the control. If either MinValue or MaxValue has been given an explicit non-default value, the Value property is updated with corresponding range limit.

In LCL version 2.4, the floating point property editor will not allow an invalid value to be stored in the Value property at design-time. An error is raised (and handled) with the message 'Property value out of range', and the Value property is not updated.

LCL versions prior to 2.4 allowed the values +Inf, -Inf, and NaN to be assigned as the property value. These values are no longer supported in LCL version 2.4 and later.

Use the MinValue and MaxValue properties to define the lower and upper limits for the Value in the control. Like Value, they are implemented as a Double type with the same range limits. An invalid value causes the property to be set to the corresponding range limit for the real type.

Use the DecimalPlaces property to specify the number of decimal digits displayed for a value not represented using the radix/precision/exponent format for the IEE 754 value.

Use the Increment property to set the value added to or subtracted from the control Value when the up or down buttons are clicked.

◈ See also ◈
  _TCustomFloatSpinEdit.MinValue_
  _TCustomFloatSpinEdit.MaxValue_
  _TCustomFloatSpinEdit.GetLimitedValue_
  _TCustomFloatSpinEdit.Change_
  _TCustomFloatSpinEdit.Increment_
  _TCustomEdit.Modified_

◈ Package ◈
_LCLBase_

So my question is, can I turn off every "◈ See also ◈" stuff?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:37:29 pm by KodeZwerg »
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

dsiders

Re: Limit shown hint/help to actual class?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 10:52:22 pm »
I wonder if there a possibility that the hint/help display me only things that are valid for the class I am using.

exemplary TSpinEdit

When I do hover over field "Value" or select it in IDE, the IDE show me:

The value for the spin edit control.

So my question is, can I turn off every "◈ See also ◈" stuff?

To my knowledge Code Hints are not configurable.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
Re: Limit shown hint/help to actual class?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 10:03:36 am »
Thank you, I was hoping to turn those irrelevant lines off, as you can see there are more lines under the "◈ See also ◈" segment that fill my screen than actual needed.
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018