Recent

Author Topic: Feature Request: `View Project Forms` - Make Dockable  (Read 1360 times)

Tony Stone

Feature Request: `View Project Forms` - Make Dockable
« on: March 22, 2023, 03:07:02 am »
I think I have made a post about a similar idea here in the past but I think this request is a bit different.  I would like the View Forms window to be dockable like the Code Explorer, Project Inspector etc.  OR.... wouldn't it make more sense to have a `Forms` tree in the Project Inspector?  I don't know why but I REALLY dislike using the menu to view my forms list.  I don't think it would bother me so much if the forms were all listed in a sub menu under Project > Forms >> ....list of forms as menu items

Feel free to tell me I am wrong... I just really think they should be shown in the Project Inspector.  Am I wrong?

Zvoni

Re: Feature Request: `View Project Forms` - Make Dockable
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 08:29:31 am »
I think I have made a post about a similar idea here in the past but I think this request is a bit different.  I would like the View Forms window to be dockable like the Code Explorer, Project Inspector etc.  OR.... wouldn't it make more sense to have a `Forms` tree in the Project Inspector?  I don't know why but I REALLY dislike using the menu to view my forms list.  I don't think it would bother me so much if the forms were all listed in a sub menu under Project > Forms >> ....list of forms as menu items

Feel free to tell me I am wrong... I just really think they should be shown in the Project Inspector.  Am I wrong?
I agree.
Currently i have a one-monitor-setup, and it always annoys the hell out of me searching for my forms with SHIFT+F12
One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

Tony Stone

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 12:30:42 pm »
It would possibly feel more comfortable if it was not a modal form.  If I want to open up 3 forms at a time I have to repeat the opining process which is really annoying when there is many forms.  I'm probably being a little picky on it but still.  When I want to view or edit one of my many units I often scroll through the project inspector.  Would just make more sense to also have the forms in the Project Inspector IMO.

wp

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 12:43:07 pm »
I don't understand: Aren't the project forms displayed in the Project Inspector?

Tony Stone

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 12:52:11 pm »
If they are supposed to be they certainly aren't shown in my Prohect Inspector.  When I get home I will look through IDE options again and see if it's something I have disabled?

wp

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 02:14:00 pm »
Here's a screenshot of the Project Inspector for the LazStats project
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:15:58 pm by wp »

Tony Stone

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 02:40:00 pm »
This project does not show forms.  Just the units.  In your screenshot I see it has a Forms tree but it is showing units... if you double click those will it display the form in Form  Editor?  Are you doing anything special to have that?  I don't have a Forms tree item on neither my Windows installs or Linux installs.

ok i give up!  no idea why the forum is shrinking my lazarus version to a tiny font.  just tried editing the post and each time it shrinks the version of lazarus to the tiny font you see below.  %)  I will revisit this later tonight. 
This is my current version on this computer.  Pretty recent.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2420-gb40a90e429) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-win64-win32/win64
f
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2420-gb40a90e429) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-win64-win32/win64

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:50:31 pm by Tony Stone »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018