Recent

Author Topic: I am asking for help for an open source archiver project  (Read 1573 times)

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
I am asking for help for an open source archiver project
« on: March 17, 2023, 03:49:11 pm »
Good day, some days ago I did wrote an easy blowfish example for an User on this forum.

I did upgraded that project and encapsulated it into a class.

My intention was not to create something hot and brandnew, just a small custom archiver.

Class is capable to compress, encrypt, hash and crc.
(prepared for future to be a stand-alone archiver that support filenames)
(right now it is made to be internal but already prepared to load and save complete sessions)

I run into problems that I think are TStream problems but I can not find a proper solution that it works always like it should.

My problem is, when I do activate encryption, internal something got blown up and I am too stupid to find out the "where is my error".

If you having time and interested in that project, please help me to make it always run good  :-[

Current used:
LZMA for compression
BlowFish for encryption
SHA1 for hash
CRC64 for checksum

All is easy replaceable when you follow the way of how I did. (TStream in -> TStream out)
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

paweld

Re: I am asking for help for an open source archiver project
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 05:06:48 pm »
a few days ago I converted your version from "Deutsches Lazarusforum" - I removed external dependencies from the project, including LZMA, and used the following for compression: https://www.gocher.me/GZIP . I forgot to write back.
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
paweld

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
Re: I am asking for help for an open source archiver project
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 01:29:32 pm »
Thank you paweld, I will excercise, test and dig into your code, on a quick view I see you use TMemoryStreams.

Still I would like to know why my posted class does not do its job like it should  :-[

I am thinking about to extend my class for several types of compression/encryption, but for that my base class needs to work first correct.
I will this week try to exchange LZMA with GZIP to see if that would "repair" my class or if result be same bad.
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018