Forum > General

VST

(1/4) > >>

Espectr0:
Hola,

I have a doubt, what is the difference between lazVirtualStringTree and OPM's VirtualStringTree V5?
Which one should I use?

Thanks!

jamie:

--- Quote from: Espectr0 on March 14, 2023, 10:37:56 pm ---Hola,

I have a doubt, what is the difference between lazVirtualStringTree and OPM's VirtualStringTree V5?
Which one should I use?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

The Spelling?

wp:
No. OPM needs VTV and thus it was decided to fork a Lazarus version off of https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus/tree/lazarus-v5 on which the VTV in OPM is based. Initially the fork had the same unit and type names as the blikblum version, but later it turned out that some people would want to install a different version of VTV which might be incompatible with OPM; and keeping both versions resulted in a huge naming conflict. Therefore the Laz version was renamed to have a "laz" prefix in package, unit and type names.

We're trying to keep both versions in sync, but it is not avoidable that minor differences will diffuse in over time.

When I personally use VTV in one of my projects I generally use the Lazarus version - simply because it is already there, nothing to install.

Espectr0:
Thanks for the answers, so if I used VST v5 in my project, can I replace it with laz simply by editing the .pas file and changing the class name?

jamie:
I don't know about the releases but in the Trunk, you can go to the object inspector and right click on the class name you want to change.

you Will see "Change Class" etc...

I can't say if this actually changes all event methods, but you can give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version