Recent

Author Topic: A couple of observations on the newest version of Lazarus (0.9.27)  (Read 19663 times)

Carbonide

Re: A couple of observations on the newest version of Lazarus (0.9.27)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 01:45:58 pm »
Compiling with spaces in the path works for me, debugging with spaces does not.

Also, I only get the double icon in the dock on my iMac and not on my Macbook. Coincidentally, the source code editor bug is also only present on the iMac, so I guess there's something wrong with that machine, although it seems rather bizarre that it is only affecting those two functions.

Apart from the iMac being Core 2 Duo based and the Macbook being a Core Duo machine, they both run Mac OS X 10.5.6 and are very similarly configured.

Phil

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 04:57:43 pm »
When you run from within the IDE, that invokes the debugger. That's the part that I think is broken. Debugging externally works fine with spaces in the path, e.g.,

gdb "/Users/phil/laztests/spaces in name/project1.app"

See if something like that works for you.

Not sure what to suggest about the differences in two similarly configured Macs. That's kind of troubling. Do you see any anomalies like this with other software? For example, can you get double icons on the Dock with other apps or is it just Lazarus?

Thanks.

-Phil

Jonas Maebe

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 04:11:39 pm »
- lots of 'unknown stabs type 0xE0 in...' error messages while compilation is running, although it succeeds in the end nevertheless

This is caused by an error in the Xcode 3.x linker. You can solve it by switching from stabs to dwarf debug information.

Carbonide

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 07:25:34 pm »
Well, I really don't care as long as my app runs, or is there any downside to these messages?

Using gdb manually works fine, btw.

Phil

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 02:29:22 pm »
This is caused by an error in the Xcode 3.x linker. You can solve it by switching from stabs to dwarf debug information.

Jonas,

Could you share with us how to do that in the Lazarus IDE?

Thanks.

-Phil

Jonas Maebe

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 10:27:47 pm »
Well, I really don't care as long as my app runs, or is there any downside to these messages?

Using gdb manually works fine, btw.

The downside is that single stepping in gdb will fail in procedures/functions with local constants.

Jonas Maebe

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »

Could you share with us how to do that in the Lazarus IDE?

I have no idea how to do that in Lazarus. The compiler option is -gw2, so you can probably add that to some custom compiler options setting. When using Xcode 3.x (i.e., on Mac OS X 10.5.x), you best also add -godwarfsets at the same time, otherwise sets won't have proper debugging information. That option will however completely break debugging with the gdb shipped with Xcode 2.x (which is why it's not enabled by default).

On Mac OS X 10.4.x, I would therefore recommend to stay with stabs debugging information (especially since that linker bug is specific to Xcode 3.x).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018