Recent

Author Topic: Seeking Pascal/Lazarus consultant  (Read 4023 times)

sighless

Seeking Pascal/Lazarus consultant
« on: February 28, 2023, 10:20:44 pm »
I'm a programmer for a small company that has a software product written in Object Pascal that we've released many versions of over the past two decades.

As you can imagine with any codebase that's been in development for so long, there's a lot of technical debt that's accrued.

What I'm looking for is an outside perspective from someone with a lot of Lazarus/Pascal experience.

Specifically, thoughts about the current state of our code, suggestions on best practices, and ideas for what the low-hanging fruit is for the best ways to refactor/simplify our codebase and maybe make it more RAD compatible.  Long term, our goal is to get an android and possibly web version out that uses as much of the same common code as possible, so experience in those areas would be a bonus.

Idea would be that I screenshare for a few hours or maybe give access to our git repo.

It doesn't look like we can send private messages in these forums so if you don't want to post your hourly consulting rates publicly, send me a private message or use the email button below my username.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 07:33:38 pm by sighless »

Bogen85

Re: Seeking Pascal/Lazarus consultant
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 11:49:12 pm »
The correct area in this forum for this post is likely: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/board,41.0.html (EDIT: It was moved)
You can ask a moderator to move it. (EDIT: This was done)

Users's can send PMs, but they need to be verified first (a certain number of valid posts, and your post is valid).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:46:05 pm by Bogen85 »

sighless

Re: Seeking Pascal/Lazarus consultant
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 05:19:44 pm »
Thanks! Sorry I didn't notice this forum sooner.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018