Recent

Author Topic: FreePascal Wiki strange edits  (Read 1380 times)

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
FreePascal Wiki strange edits
« on: February 25, 2023, 05:21:15 pm »
https://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Installing_Lazarus_on_macOS&curid=1490&diff=155870&oldid=154751

This shows that some user changed EN text to Spanish or Italian, but why? Can I revert it?

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
Re: FreePascal Wiki strange edits
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 05:41:22 pm »
This looks like a wrong editing. I never edited wiki in non-english. I assume there should be some subdirectorty (/es in this case) where this belong and the english page should be reverted.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 05:47:34 pm »
Thanks! but how to revert it?

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 06:02:44 pm »
There's a tab History where is the list of contribution and there is "Undo" at the end of each line.
But before you revert it, don't you want to contact - if possible - the person who tries to translate it? Someone should explain him/her how to do it right.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 06:05:43 pm »
Okay, I asked in his/her user-discuss page.

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 06:08:54 pm »
Yes, history and undo.
I did it for you already.

Edgar should be ashamed of himself.... >:D >:D >:D

Screwing up wiki's requires hitting with a whip and more sticks.  >:D >:D >:D >:D O:-)

who the hell is edgardager? He has obvious access to the wiki. >:D >:D >:D >:D

And he should apologize in public here.

Works: https://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Installing_Lazarus_on_macOS thanks for screwing up and wasting my time and everybody else's, Edgar.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 07:10:50 pm by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Joanna

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 02:37:03 am »
Are there any restrictions on who can edit the wiki? There is no edgardager registered in the forums.
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2023, 05:59:13 am »
Are there any restrictions on who can edit the wiki? There is no edgardager registered in the forums.
There are some restrictions, like having - I think - 5 valid unmoderated posts on this forum.
And many of us use nicknames (not me or you) or abbreviations which often makes it hard to know the culprit.
I have been on the forum and in the community for a very long time, so 90% is covered by my brains, but this edgardager escapes me.
Anyway, problem solved, with the provision that I did not explain he/she should have editted the Spanish pages, which is a much better idea.
I am sure the intend was good.
If I am angry take it with a pinch of salt.

In this case someone screwed up big time, but not on purpose.

(btw: real names often show up on bug tracker entries, which is way more strict and almost everybody has a real name)

You could probably edit the wiki, since you are very active, but be careful. My habit is to announce an edit of an article that is not written by me on this forum first, often associated to a question, but anyway, the wiki keeps history. My habit on new entries is more or less the same,because many of them come from questions on this forum, like Delphi compatible random or ternary logic.
If you want to edit, ask for peer review, that is even better.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 06:16:44 am by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Joanna

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2023, 11:31:42 am »
Maybe make the people editing wiki use their forum accounts..

Thank you for invitation to contribute to wiki. I’m not sure how to do wiki stuff, maybe someday. I will let you know before I start editing to make sure I’m doing it right..
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2023, 08:29:20 pm »
Maybe make the people editing wiki use their forum accounts..

The wiki and the forum have separate user databases, so, no. Also users might work on the wiki that don't use the forums.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023, 10:32:09 pm »
The mistaken editing of the English page into partial Spanish has been resolved with the user and his Wiki editing right restored with some guidance on how to proceed.

Topic locked.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018