Forum > Other

[SOLVED] Files on the Amiga

<< < (2/5) > >>

chobani:
I'll have a test ready to try that later today, but you bring up a good point. I am using a VM that someone set up for cross compile to Amiga and it's using 3.0.0. I started with that just to make sure it was possible, but I could try and update the box or do a cross compile install on my own if you think it's the FPC version causing an issue. I'll report back tonight on using the fully qualified name.

dseligo:
I don't know Amiga's file system, but you may try something like this to see what fpc see of files:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---var sr: TSearchRec; If FindFirst ('*', faAnyFile, sr) = 0 then  repeat    Writeln (sr.Name);  until FindNext(sr) <> 0; FindClose(sr);
Maybe you have some attributes set on file that prevent reading it?

chobani:
That's a great idea, thank you. I'll try that too.

TRon:
A word of warning wrt using FindFirst/FindNext combination: back in those days there was disambiguity when to call FindClose  (always or only after a successful findfirst). I do not remember exactly when that was fixed.

TRon:

--- Quote from: chobani on February 21, 2023, 10:12:23 pm ---I am using a VM that someone set up for cross compile to Amiga and it's using 3.0.0.

--- End quote ---
You are probably referring to ALB42's virtual Lazarus setup, see https://blog.alb42.de/virtual-lazarus/

--- Quote ---I started with that just to make sure it was possible, but I could try and update the box or do a cross compile install on my own if you think it's the FPC version causing an issue. I'll report back tonight on using the fully qualified name.

--- End quote ---
It is also possible to update the FPC installation in your VM, although in that case I would probably opt for making a second install for FPC (in order to not break anything else that relies on the specifc FPC version 3.0.0). For an updated version of FPC, see https://blog.alb42.de/fpc-amigaaros-m68k/

Building your own (up to date) cross compiler has preference. In case you run into issues then make sure to post the build-log with the error (besides mentioning your host configuration, build options and what binutils (and version) you use, gnu or vasm/vlink).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version