Recent

Author Topic: RadioGroupEx - "grey out"  (Read 2118 times)

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
Re: RadioGroupEx - "grey out"
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 06:01:06 pm »
Checked Project Inspector?
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

wp

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 06:02:21 pm »
This reads as if you did not install the components. Are you aware that ExCtrls has two packages, a runtime and a designtime package? Installation instructions are given at https://wiki.freepascal.org/ExCtrls#Installation.

Here again: Load the runtime package, ExCtrls.lpk, by means of "Packages" > "Package open package file" - you can try to "Compile" it , but this is not necessary, the IDE only needs to know where it is. Then load the designtime package "ExCtrls_design.lpk" in the same way, and now click "Use" > "Install", confirm the question to rebuild the IDE. When the IDE restarts there is a new component palette ExCtrls. Begin with testing the sample projects which come with the installation - they are in the examples folder. This MUST work, I did it many many times.

All this is standard technique to install third-party packages.

I don't understand why you have so many problems installing packages. What are you doing? Please leave the search path etc alone, I only set it it when I organize the units of a project in subfolders, but never to access third-party packages.

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 06:41:08 pm »
I have installed them both, but cannot see anything in the component palette.
If I chose "install" I read

Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. [Window Title]
  2. Kein installierbares Package
  4. [Content]
  5. The package exctrlspkg_dsgn does not have any "Register" procedure which typically means it does not provide any IDE addon. Installing it will probably only increase the size of the IDE and may even make it unstable.
  7. Hint: If you want to use a package in your project, use the "Add to project" menu item.
  9. [Installieren, ich will es so] [Abbrechen]

Once I answered "yes" - and regret it deeply. The IDE did not start any more.
What I am doing? - following the hint you can read.

The question what "I" am doing is not quite clear to me. I try to install a component and see nothing but error-messages and troubles. I added the thing to the search path, because I read "cannot find the file".
Do you think, I would do anything with it, if it would work without?
I hate to mess around with my tools instead of doing my work.  :'(

wp

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 07:06:08 pm »
I have no idea what is going on here. The designtime package DOES have a Register procedure. If it does not, something must be very wrong on your side. Delete all files in the directory into which you had unzipped the ExCtrls files. Download the zip from CCR again (https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/exctrls/) and unzip it into that folder. Start Lazarus, go to "Package" > "Open Package File", load "exctrls.lpk" from the unzipped folder, don't change anything. Load "exctrls_design.lpk". In the package editor have a look at the file tree, the file "source/design/exctrls.reg" must have an icon with a green triangle - this indicates that this unit contains the Register procedure. When this is correct, continue in a differnt way: Click "Use" > "Install", but do NOT confirm the question to rebuild the IDE. Rather than that, go to "Tools" > "Configure 'Build Lazarus'" > Check "Clean All" and "Switch after building to automatically" in the "Clean up" box > click "Build".

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 08:17:59 pm »
 :) ;) :) ;) :D :D ;D :) :)

Thank you so much, it works as it should.

Before I followed you instructions, I gave Agent Ransack the job, to scan everything for anything, which read similar to exctrls.

And I FOUND them.
The hid away in the dir
/lib.
Some pp or as the endings there are.
I trashed them as well and reinstalled.
From them the problem probably may have came from. There always may have been found "spare"-files when I thought, I would have deleted / overwritten them all.

The IDE shows the tab, my forms show up and the whole projects compiles.

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 08:26:14 pm »
Dear Nicole, now it is a good time for another Snapshot!  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

Nicole

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 09:01:04 pm »
INDEED.
I did one for the moment and will do the new "basic snapshot" after I will have deleted all those backups and copies, which helped me to solve it.

Unfortunately snapshots take much in ressources.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018