Recent

Author Topic: Installing lazvlc ?  (Read 2465 times)

Curt Carpenter

Installing lazvlc ?
« on: February 15, 2023, 07:01:44 pm »
Ubuntu 18.04 + Lazarus 2.2.4
The component "Lazvlc" no longer appears in the OPM, and attempting to install the package from /components/vlc gives me the message "One or more required packages were not found. See package graph for details."  Also the message "State: Install on next start."  I'm not sure how to interpret the graph or what "install on next start" means.  Next start of what?  Any guidance would be welcomed, with thanks in advance.

metis

Re: Installing lazvlc ?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 04:46:54 pm »
See package graph for details...I'm not sure how to interpret the graph
There You see, what's missing.

Next start of what?
Next Start of the Lazarus-IDE after having (re)installed/fixed the VLC-Package (static Linking).

Any guidance would be welcomed

How to make a Simple Video Player in Lazarus by LazPlanet

Displaying video files using Free Pascal and Lazarus by Michaël Van Canneyt
Life could be so easy, if there weren't those f*** Details.
My FFmpeg4Lazarus = FFPlay4Laz + FFGrab4Laz + FFInfo4Laz

Curt Carpenter

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 08:58:18 pm »
Thanks for the information.  With it, I will revisit and take another stab at installation as soon when time permits.

BosseB

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 08:31:23 am »
Ubuntu 18.04 + Lazarus 2.2.4
The component "Lazvlc" no longer appears in the OPM, and attempting to install the package from /components/vlc gives me the message "One or more required packages were not found. See package graph for details."  Also the message "State: Install on next start."  I'm not sure how to interpret the graph or what "install on next start" means.  Next start of what?  Any guidance would be welcomed, with thanks in advance.
A bit late but....
LazVlc has moved so it is no longer in OLPM since the package is a part of Lazarus installation nowadays (but not activated on the menus).

Inside Lazarus:
1) Open Package/Install_Uninstall_Packages
2) Type vlc into the search box for available packages
3) Now "lazvlc 1.0 should appear so select it and click "Install selection" at the bottom.
4) Let it rebuild Lazarus and then verify that a new component tab named "Multimedia" has appeared with two VLC items.

If it does not appear then repeat the search in the left panel and verify it is already installed

Usage is described here:
http://www.freepascal.org/~michael/articles/lazvlc/lazvlc.pdf

--
Bo Berglund
Sweden

TinyPortal © 2005-2018