Recent

Author Topic: Error: Project raised exception class 'External:SIGSEGV'.  (Read 249229 times)

Marc

• Administrator
Re: Error: Project raised exception class 'External:SIGSEGV'.
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 08:20:40 pm »
did you try to add gdb.exe to the exception list as the last url I gave suggested ?
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

JimR

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 08:30:55 pm »
Yes I went into Comodo and added gdb.exe, saved it, went back and tried again and still got the same SIGSEGV error. 

piita

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »
I've got good news for Comodo users. I'm running a beta of CIS v5.0 and finally things compiles and debugs perfectly. 
The beta can be found here: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Comodo-Internet-Security-32bit/1224699488/1
But please check Comodo's web page first. The stable version might have been released.

JimR

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »
piita got me all excited there.   So I downloaded the new Comodo Internet Security PREMIUM Ver 5.0.157302.1066, rebooted, fired up Lazarus, got the SIGSEGV error again.  It was a shot and had to go for it.  Still no joy.

piita

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 04:16:39 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that, JimR. I thought it was fixed since it worked now and I had nothing but problems before.

Eugene Loza

• My games in Pascal
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »
You realize that you now have effectively disabled then on access virus scanning of your system ? You may want to look at a different virus scanner.
Yes, of cource!
I've never ever used Comodo antivirus... And not going to...
did you try to add gdb.exe to the exception list as the last url I gave suggested ?
I'm afraid that doesn't work. At least it didn't work for me...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:29:12 pm by Eugene Loza »
My FOSS games in FreePascal&CastleGameEngine: https://decoherence.itch.io/ (Sources: https://gitlab.com/EugeneLoza)

sieward

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 04:06:07 pm »
Today I tried to install lazarus (64bit) on my Windows7 notebook, and got the same problem, even with an empty application.

Reading all the coments I find out that BITDEFENDER (a dutch antivirus/firewall program) was my personal source of the problem. I find out that it was caused by the usage of the antivirus program (not the firewall!). However, I could solved it, by setting the Bitdefenders software into a "game-modus", and still be able to use the antivirus software. Sounds magic, but mayby this report  might help others users or even the developers.

chronozphere

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 09:23:48 pm »
I'm also having this problem. I reported it before I noticed this thread.  ::)

I've tried to fix it by disabling both my antivirus (AVG Free) and My firewall (PC Tools firewall) but no luck yet. :(

Any other things I could try?

ivan17

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:33 pm »

I've tried to fix it by disabling both my antivirus (AVG Free) and My firewall (PC Tools firewall) but no luck yet. :(
you my friend seem to have a semantic problem. (or you didn't disable those completely)

as for the others, here is what i do on my winxp/comodo4 machine (same problem):
  • disconnect from net (=disable connection)
  • open task manager and kill cmdagent.exe
  • use lazarus (debugger now works); in my case 0.9.28.2
  • start the comodo service again (task manager with prio or type "services.msc" in the run dialog)
  • enable net connection
and like those of you who share the same problem i will be dropping comodo if the problem isn't fixed either by comodo update or by lazarus update...

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »
Today I tried to install lazarus (64bit) on my Windows7 notebook, and got the same problem, even with an empty application.

Reading all the coments I find out that BITDEFENDER (a dutch antivirus/firewall program) was my personal source of the problem. I find out that it was caused by the usage of the antivirus program (not the firewall!). However, I could solved it, by setting the Bitdefenders software into a "game-modus", and still be able to use the antivirus software. Sounds magic, but mayby this report  might help others users or even the developers.

Same here: bitdefender.
To be exact: "Active virus control" from the advanced settings.

You can put every individual app that you indent to debug, on the exception list there. IF you are lucky....
(putting just lazarus and/or gdb on the list, doesn't work)

Also, it does not alert you, even IF you explicitly check that field in bitdefender.

I wrote them (It is almost a year ago). They acknowledged the issue, and said, it would get fixed someday... (yeah...)

Guess who is not going to extend his license, once it runs out (unless they syill manage to fix it)?

---
Just to clarify:
I accept that a AV does catch a debugger. After all a debugger does strange things do another executable....
But:
- If an AV has an exclusion list, I would expect to put the debugger there, not the target app (the target app, after all is harmless)
- I definitely expect an AV to honour it's own settings (such as to ask me first, if I enable that)

picstart

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 01:31:44 pm »
Some would say the only totally effective anti virus answer is the power off button on your computer. If you are like most of us and need the power on then you are forced to trade convenience for security. I like convenience so security is second but some are in a different situation.

JD

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2010, 04:38:47 pm »
I had the same problem & I'm a Comodo Internet Security user also. All I did was to add the GNU debugger as well as the temporary file created when unsaved project is run (C:\Temp\project1.exe) to CIS's Safe Files List & the problem disappeared.

I would not advise anyone to disable CIS's real-time malware scanner. It's just doing its job when it blocks files whose cryptographic footprint have changed from executing on the system.
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

chronozphere

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »
I did another attempt to fight this error.

Tried to run a lazarus program + debugger in safe mode and that worked without any problems. That made me think AVG caused the problems, so I uninstalled it. However, the problem is still there (Only running PCTools firewall now). Disabling that one doesn't help either. :'(

Is there anything else that is disabled in safe mode and that is probably messing with lazarus now?

Rastrelly

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 03:40:43 pm »
This error may also appear simply due to mistakes in code... For example, it pops up if you try to do something with unexistant array element (a:array[1..100]of integer;   .......      a[0]:=1000;).

chronozphere

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2011, 01:29:05 am »
YEHAA, Seems like I found the troublemaker.  >:D

It was HsMgr.exe which is part of the sound drivers of (some) Asus Xonar cards. Simply killing it manually with task-manager seems to work fine. Not sure if there are any side-effects when I remove the file from my registery, so that it doesn't run automatically. Sound still seems to work. :)

Hope this helps someone!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018