Forum > Windows (32/64)

Error: Project raised exception class 'External:SIGSEGV'.

(1/22) > >>

sclsch:
    I am very excited that I find the Lazarus IDE. I try l open it,run and find an error. Error: Project raised exception class 'External:SIGSEGV'.
is there something wrong?
thanks.

Bart:

--- Quote from: sclsch on January 29, 2009, 12:54:24 am ---    I am very excited that I find the Lazarus IDE. I try l open it,run and find an error. Error: Project raised exception class 'External:SIGSEGV'.

--- End quote ---
Run what?

Please give us some additional information:
What OS
32 or 64 bit
Where did you install Lazarus / fpc (in what path)

What happens if you compile, then run the executable outside the IDE

Bart

bucsupe:

--- Quote from: Bart on January 29, 2009, 04:38:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: sclsch on January 29, 2009, 12:54:24 am ---    I am very excited that I find the Lazarus IDE. I try l open it,run and find an error. Error: Project raised exception class 'External:SIGSEGV'.

--- End quote ---
Run what?

Please give us some additional information:
What OS
32 or 64 bit
Where did you install Lazarus / fpc (in what path)

What happens if you compile, then run the executable outside the IDE

Bart

--- End quote ---

Hi,
I have the same problem. When I run  (press F9) the project from the IDE, I get the same message.
My environment:
I have installed it to the default installation path, wich was recommended by the installer: c:\lazarus

Version: lazarus-0.9.26-fpc-2.2.2-win32.exe from sourceforge.

Additional information
However the IDE gives this error message when I try to run the project, it builds the exactly working exe file.

What can be the problem?

marfig:
Hello,

I have the same problem. And will try to provide some more information.

System: 3GB ram, Windows XP SP3, with Delphi 7 and Visual Studio 2008
Lazarus: lazarus-0.9.26-fpc-2.2.2-win32 Installed to default directory.
Installation: Full Installation.

Procedure:
- I start Lazarus.
- I press F9. Default lazarus project compiles fine. But gives error right after compilation finishes

--- Quote ---Project raised exception class: 'External: SIGSEGV'
--- End quote ---

After clicking OK...

--- Quote ---Execution Paused
Address: $10009631
Procedure: ??
File:
--- End quote ---

Notes:
- Often, when I dismiss the second error dialogbox, the execution stays paused. Sometimes however, the executable do fire up and the main form is displayed normally.
- Building and running externally to the IDE causes no exception and the executable performs normally.
- Any project causes this exception. I suspect something to do with the debugger.

More information:

1. Lazarus used to work fine. Error starting showing up after installing Delphi 7 or so I seem to believe. Uninstalling and doing a clean reinstall of Lazarus doesn't seem to fix the problem. I however cannot at this point try to uninstall Delphi 7 and do a clean Lazarus install to see if the error stays.

2. I remember Delphi saying something about a debugger(jit debugger?) being registered to another application and asking me if I wanted to change this... I cannot remember the exact details of this dialog box. At the time I answered Yes, do register for Delphi 7.

Hope this helps.

Leledumbo:
It's the debugger, something wrong with it. To make it more mysterious, only some people have the problem. The other (including me), didn't have it and everything works flawlessly. I can't figure out (until now) why. I've posted the way I setup my environment, but it doesn't seem to work for other people. In case you want to know, here it goes:

* Build FPC and Lazarus from source, fully smartlinked and stripped
* Build GDB from source, without nls support (+ level 3 optimization and debug info stripping)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version