Recent

Author Topic: how do I get items in object inspector tree view  (Read 8426 times)

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: how do I get items in object inspector tree view
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 02:43:57 pm »
Look at the sourcecode for any of the provided components that show sub components in the object inspector. There are many of those.
Basically: write a component editor for it.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

minesadorada

• Retired
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 05:21:35 pm »
Look at the sourcecode for any of the provided components that show sub components in the object inspector. There are many of those.
We have traveled this route. It's about the TreeView not the OI grid.
GPL Apps: Health MonitorRetro Ski Run
OnlinePackageManager Components: LazAutoUpdate, LongTimer, PoweredBy, ScrollText, PlaySound, CryptINI

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
We have traveled this route. It's about the TreeView not the OI grid.
Well, why doesn't that work then? A custom property editor CAN use a treeview.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Michael Collier

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 05:41:20 pm »
Maybe some confusion here.. The tree view that I'm referring to is the one in the top of the object inspector. I'm not looking to use a TTreeview in my own property editor.

Ernest

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 05:50:26 pm »
The tree view that I'm referring to is the one in the top of the object inspector.

Unfortunately, that thread ended almost 5 years ago without a constructive solution. Is there any good solution for the described need?

In my case:
I'm trying to create a custom component Hugo derived from TPanel. Let's say, Hugo has 5 buttons so i can switch between 5 pages. So i created a variable FNotes (derived from TNotebook) which is my subcomponent. Because i registered Hugo in the palette, so i can place him on the main form and he is visible in the Object Inspector (OI) as a graphic icon with its properties in the grid.

Problem:
The thing is that i can only access the pages in the code (e.g. via Hugo.FNotes.Page...) to place a button or other visual element on it. I want to place different elements on each page individually and it will be helpful for a design time to see every placed object on it.

Question:
How is it possible to show the subcomponents of a custom component (=own creation!) in the tree view in the Object Inspector? Like it happens standard if you place elements on themself (cf. attached pic below for a better understanding).

Disclaimer
I described above just a reduced principle example. I know, the easiest solution in that case is just to put TNotebook on the main form and place visual component on it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018