Recent

Author Topic: Application can't access ODBC - Reason found: Antivirus block  (Read 582 times)

Vodnik

Application can't access ODBC - Reason found: Antivirus block
« on: February 09, 2023, 10:39:26 am »
I have an application accessing Informix DB via ODBC. It worked fine at users PCs since 2021 (Lazarus 2.0.10).
Recently customer have changed to another domain and have re-installed OS at all PCs (still Windows 10).
After that my application start reporting error:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. Could not connect with connection string "DSN=OSCC_CCC;".
  2. ODBC error details: LastReturnCode: SQL_ERROR; Record 1: SqlState: HY000; NativeError: -931;
  3. Message: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Cannot locate turbo service/tcp service in /etc/services.;
IBM says to add service turbo into file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\services to clear this error.
But this is done. Test from ODBC Data Sources Manager runs successfully, so ODBC is configured fine.
My application connects to DB just by DSN name, even user and password are set in ODBC.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. var DBConn: TODBCConnection;
  2. DBconn.DatabaseName:="OSCC_CCC";
  3. DBConn.Open;
It does not interact with turbo service or file services directly.
I have tried playing with administrator rights, start application as administrator, changing file permissions, etc.
I've recompiled application with Lazarus 2.2.4.
Nothing helps.
Please advise how to deal with that.

PS
Application still runs successfully on a Windows server machine, which was not re-installed.
Problem can be reproduced with deleting file services or word turbo from it.
So sense is that problem with access rights to file services, but how to solve this?

PPS
The same with User DSN.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 10:18:39 pm by Vodnik »

Vodnik

Re: Application can't access ODBC - Reason found: blocked by antivirus
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 10:28:13 pm »
This strange behaviour was caused by Kaspersky antivirus/security system. When it is switched off, my application works fine.
It doesn't block my application start, but does block ODBC driver network call to DB.
So what can I do to make my application be approved by antivirus?

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Application can't access ODBC - Reason found: Antivirus block
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 10:37:52 pm »
Submit your application to Kaspersky and say is not a virus. Prove you're the developer and they will listen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018