Forum > Other

Links in forum posts

<< < (2/5) > >>

marcov:

--- Quote from: 440bx on January 30, 2023, 10:07:15 am ---
--- Quote from: marcov on January 30, 2023, 09:46:39 am ---It is known and only a temporary measure for a couple of days while we fend off a spam attack.

--- End quote ---
good to know.

Will the links that have been modified to **s be changed back to what they were ? (once the current situation is taken care of, of course)

--- End quote ---

I assume not.

440bx:

--- Quote from: marcov on January 30, 2023, 10:20:52 am ---I assume not.

--- End quote ---
That's too bad.  That's going to be a lot of links ruined to take care of a spam attack.

However, if a forum user who has posted links in his/her posts chooses to go through his/her posts and correct the links, will the corrections stay ? (currently they don't.)

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: TRon on January 30, 2023, 08:50:22 am ---It is very noticeable on the signatures that some people use as some refer to their github/gitlab/project page (eg. dbannon, KodeZwerg to name a few easy examples).

--- End quote ---

Signatures will probably restore automatically... (unless people edit them in their profile during those days).
Otherwise, the amount of links posted is usually not that big.

I hope the block can be undone at latest tomorrow.

440bx:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 30, 2023, 10:48:15 am ---Otherwise, the amount of links posted is usually not that big.

--- End quote ---
This may come as a surprise but, the number of links affected is in the thousands.

TRon:
Please forgive me if i sound rude but I think I see some miscommunication in the making (please correct me when wrong).

Due to spam the admin has /temporary/ blocked all links from displaying correctly. Ergo these links currently can not be used.

If I understood correctly then this 'blocking' will be lifted as soon as possible. After the lift the links that are left untouched will be displayed correctly again.

During the 'block' all posted links during that blockage will not display correctly but will act normally as soon as the block is lifted.

Is that correct ? (especially the latter last part of my statement (*))

(*) it sounds more plausible (e.g. easier to maintain) during spam flood to 'block' posting valid links, and links posted in that blockage period stays invalid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version