Recent

Author Topic: Incase cross compiling from Win64 to ARM in FPC lazarus  (Read 938 times)

pascalbythree

Incase cross compiling from Win64 to ARM in FPC lazarus
« on: January 23, 2023, 06:43:26 pm »
Incase cross compiling from Win64 to ARM in FPC lazarus, some OS versions give a segmentation fault and some do not.

Is it permitted to install packages on your Raspberry ? Before you run the cross compiled executable? On Raspberry 3 ?

And what are they?

Thank you for your time, greets PascalByThree
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:58:49 pm by pascalbythree »

TRon

Re: Incase cross compiling from Win64 to ARM in FPC lazarus
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 07:02:41 pm »
Incase cross compiling from Win64 to ARM in FPC lazarus, some OS versions give a segmentation fault and some do not.
probably related to libraries hat are compiled against.

Is it permitted to install packages on your Raspberry ?
Sure. A RPi just runs Linux as any other distribution (debian)

Before you run the cross compiled executable? On Raspberry 3 ?
Sure, if you wish to do so. Or is the question can you do that programmatically ?

And what are they?
Sorry, you lost me there. If your application requires 3th party packages then you are the one who should know which ones they are ?

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
Re: Incase cross compiling from Win64 to ARM in FPC lazarus
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 10:56:19 pm »
Is it permitted to install packages on your Raspberry ? Before you run the cross compiled executable? On Raspberry 3 ?
I suspect this may be a translation error and pascalbythree meant to say - "is it a requirement to install ..."

The answer is, again, depends. If your application is a GUI one for example targeting Linux on the Pi, its probably GTK2 based ? The newer versions of the Raspberry Pi Operating System does not have gtk2 installed by default, you do need install that.

If your OS on the Pi is the Windows one, something similar is possibly required, I have no idea what !

Davo

Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

TinyPortal © 2005-2018