Forum > Other

questions, to begin with

<< < (5/5)

Joanna:
Do captchas not stop spammers? Or are they paying people to get past the captcha?
It seems like a tricky situation trying to stop spammers from making accounts. I’ve seen something on social media where people had to say in text why they wanted to join a Facebook group and then a moderator would review it before they could be allowed in. I’m not sure how good this solution is because people who are up to no good are often very adept at saying what moderators want to hear.

A personal interview in real time is a good way to determine what people are up to but it’s very time consuming. I can offer help with this but I’m not always around.

I don’t know much about forum software but maybe if people can’t pass a beginner pascal test they should quarantined to posting In only one part of forum for beginners on probation.

It really shouldn’t be necessary to do all this. I really dislike these spammers who make doing simple things like having a forum so difficult and want to thank the people who run this forum again  for all the work they do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version