Recent

Author Topic: zreport  (Read 661 times)

calebs

zreport
« on: January 03, 2024, 05:24:59 am »
Hello all.
Anybody has a success story using zreport on lazarus? I've tried many times to install it and use it but it always give me errors of any type and the documentation on the package is very scarse. I can't find any useful information in the forum either.
I'm investigating it as it would be interesting to print text mode on dotmatrix printers (i still cant solve it the hard way neither).
Thanks!

korba812

Re: zreport
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 03:37:00 pm »
What exact error messages are you receiving? Do you have the RichMemo package installed? ZReport requires RichMemo package to generate print preview.
I am using ZReport successfully in my project, however, I only use Win32/Win64.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: zreport
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 04:26:15 pm »
Hello all.
'm investigating it as it would be interesting to print text mode on dotmatrix printers (i still cant solve it the hard way neither).
Thanks!
Use the unit printer, not printers. Both units exist but for dot matrix printers you need the unit printer, withouth the s.
It is very easy to use but can only do very limited formatting of course.: that is a limitation of dot matrix printers, not of the programming language.
You should also use a fixed font type in your preview and match it to the fonts that are supported by your particular dot matrix printer. They usually support just 1..4 fixed fonts.

This is the scenario I use for POS software, it is old school, but still valid because e.g. your bank withdrawal, supermarket or restaurant tickets/bills are dot matrix printed. And many more solutions need dot matrix.

There is a reference for unit printer in the reference guide as well as an example.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 04:51:27 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018