Recent

Author Topic: Re-installing Pcakage does not update changes  (Read 523 times)

TheMouseAUS

Re-installing Pcakage does not update changes
« on: February 16, 2023, 11:38:27 pm »
I have installed an OPCClient, I am trying to improve the way it functions, but when I uninstall the component, remove the files, copy in the new changed files, open the .lpk package files and install my new version it always installs the old one somehow. The only way to update the components is to fully remove lazarus, delete the local user folder and reinstall the lot. That cant be right what am I missing? I am using version 2.2.4. Thanks :-)

jamie

Re: Re-installing Pcakage does not update changes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 11:48:38 pm »
Open the package, make your changes to the files, recompile the package while you are there and then rebuild the IDE>
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

af0815

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 07:40:23 am »
As jamie says, recompile the package. A good idea is always to remove the lib directory (this will be rebuild at the next compiletime) and make a clean compile. If the package is installed (Designtimepackage) in Lazarus, you have to recompile Lazarus (clean !!) itself.

But i see never a reason to remove Lazarus with its configs. I do it only if i make a great version jump, but never in normal operation. 
regards
Andreas

TheMouseAUS

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 08:15:55 am »
Yes I found the Lib directory this afternoon and removed it and it worked. When I tried to compile it said that it had to be done with the IDE so uninstalling the component, removing the directory then installed with the new source files worked :-) I expected that removing and installing would build again from source but appears not. Thanks for your help

TinyPortal © 2005-2018