Recent

Author Topic: random tree (by AI) :)  (Read 1863 times)

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: random tree (by AI) :)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 08:25:46 pm »
Yes I was able to play with it. I asked it to make an HSL gradient and this initial code was wrong. I was impressed though as it corrected the code according to my remarks.

Quote from: me
How would I generate an HSL gradient using this library?
Quote from: AI
To generate an HSL gradient using the BGRABitmap library, you can use the CreateHSLGradient function from the BGRABitmapTypes unit. This function takes three parameters: the starting HSL color, the ending HSL color, and the size of the gradient. It returns a TBGRACustomBitmap object that contains the gradient.
This is a mistake, such function called CreateHSLGradient is not part of BGRABitmap library. There is a class TBGRAHueGradient in BGRAGradientScanner unit that can be used with a TBGRAGradientScanner class to fill a bitmap.
Quote from: IA
I apologize for the mistake. You are correct that the CreateHSLGradient function is not part of the BGRABitmap library.

To generate an HSL gradient using the BGRABitmap library, you can use a TBGRAGradientScanner object and set its Gradient property to a TBGRAHueGradient object.

Here is an example of how you could use these classes to create a horizontal gradient that goes from red to blue:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. uses BGRABitmap, BGRAGradientScanner;
  3. var
  4.   Bitmap: TBGRABitmap;
  5.   Scanner: TBGRAGradientScanner;
  6.   Gradient: TBGRAHueGradient;
  7. begin
  8.   Gradient := TBGRAHueGradient.Create(0, 240);
  9.   Scanner := TBGRAGradientScanner.Create(Gradient, gtLinear, PointF(0, 0), PointF(200, 0));
  10.   Bitmap := TBGRABitmap.Create(200, 50);
  11.   Bitmap.FillRect(0, 0, Bitmap.Width, Bitmap.Height, Scanner, dmSet);
  12.   // Bitmap now contains a horizontal gradient that goes from red to blue
  13.   Scanner.Free;
  14.   Gradient.Free;
  15. end;
This is better. You just forgot to specify BGRABitmapTypes in the uses clause and also did not specify correct parameters for the constructor of TBGRAHueGradient. I presume you intended to write something like TBGRAHueGradient.Create(CSSRed, CSSBlue, [hgoPositiveDirection])
I apologize for the errors in my previous response. You are correct that the uses clause should include BGRABitmapTypes and that the constructor of TBGRAHueGradient should be called with the correct parameters.

Here is the corrected code example:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. uses BGRABitmap, BGRAGradientScanner, BGRABitmapTypes;
  3. var
  4.   Bitmap: TBGRABitmap;
  5.   Scanner: TBGRAGradientScanner;
  6.   Gradient: TBGRAHueGradient;
  7. begin
  8.   Gradient := TBGRAHueGradient.Create(CSSRed, CSSBlue, [hgoPositiveDirection]);
  9.   Scanner := TBGRAGradientScanner.Create(Gradient, gtLinear, PointF(0, 0), PointF(200, 0));
  10.   Bitmap := TBGRABitmap.Create(200, 50);
  11.   Bitmap.FillRect(0, 0, Bitmap.Width, Bitmap.Height, Scanner, dmSet);
  12.   // Bitmap now contains a horizontal gradient that goes from red to blue
  13.   Scanner.Free;
  14.   Gradient.Free;
  15. end;
Good now your code is perfect and does indeed make a gradient that goes from red to blue, going through all the colors of the rainbow.
I'm glad that my revised code was able to help you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

Fred vS

• StrumPract is the musicians best friend
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2023, 08:49:33 pm »
Yes I was able to play with it. I asked it to make an HSL gradient and this initial code was wrong. I was impressed though as it corrected the code according to my remarks.

What impressed me also is the speed of answer-modify his code after a remark.
I dont have finish to press enter and he already gives the updated code (and I have a slow internet connection) ...
I use Lazarus 2.2.0 32/64 and FPC 3.2.2 32/64 on Debian 11 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 7 32/64, Windows XP 32,  FreeBSD 64.
Widgetset: fpGUI, MSEgui, Win32, GTK2, Qt.

https://github.com/fredvs
https://gitlab.com/fredvs
https://codeberg.org/fredvs

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 12:40:13 am »
lazpaint uses bfracontrols
Yes, that's correct. LazPaint is an image editing software that is built using the BGRAControls library, which is a set of custom controls and components for the Pascal programming language. BGRAControls is used to create the graphical user interface (GUI) for LazPaint, and it provides a range of controls and components that are used to build the various elements of the interface, such as buttons, menus, and dialog boxes.

lazpaint uses the lcl
Yes, that's correct. LazPaint is an image editing software that is built using the Lazarus Component Library (LCL), which is a cross-platform widget library for the Pascal programming language. The LCL is used to create the graphical user interface (GUI) for LazPaint, and it provides a range of controls and components that are used to build the various elements of the interface, such as buttons, menus, and dialog boxes.

:P

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2023, 08:13:21 am »
Ok, I retried that.

me - LazPaint uses BGRAControls

AI - LazPaint is a free and open-source image editing software that uses BGRAControls, a set of visual controls for the Lazarus IDE (Integrated Development Environment), to create its user interface. BGRAControls is a collection of visual controls for Lazarus that are designed to be lightweight and fast, and to work on a variety of platforms, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.

:)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

TinyPortal © 2005-2018