Recent

Author Topic: download fbembed.dll  (Read 3160 times)

calm_sea

Re: download fbembed.dll
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 01:05:48 pm »
thanks everyone for the replies. I still haven't solved it because I can't correctly configure the parameters for IBConnection. I leave the host name empty, set database, but it doesn't seem to find the libraries. I don't see any properties for the library path, nor a protocol property. I am using windows at moment.

rvk

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2023, 01:13:49 pm »
(...) but it doesn't seem to find the libraries. I don't see any properties for the library path, nor a protocol property. I am using windows at moment.
And where did you put contents of the .zip of the entire Firebird database Engine?
I.e. where did you put the fbclient.dll?

Embedded you want them in your exe directory.
Installed the installer will put a fbclient.dll in the correct windows directory so it is found automatically.

calm_sea

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2023, 05:15:30 pm »
I have the FB files in the exe directory. Now the error is "DoInternalConnect: -Unable to complete request to host "xnet://Global\FIREBIRD". I've been searching the web for similar problems, but nothing yet. I beleave xnet.. has to be local ...

Jurassic Pork

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2023, 05:29:46 pm »
hello,
in your app folder, you must put also the plugins and intl directories (with their files) of the firebird installation files.
Friendly, J.P
Jurassic computer : Sinclair ZX81 - Zilog Z80A à 3,25 MHz - RAM 1 Ko - ROM 8 Ko

calm_sea

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2023, 06:07:47 pm »
Thank you! Now the compiled exe works! But it still doesn't work if I want to set connected=true in the inspector of the Lazarus ide (I removed the Firebird server to make sure I was only using embedded). Anyway I can reinstall the server now

Nicole

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2023, 09:33:00 pm »
the "connected=true", - do you use IBX?

This can be a little bit tricky when to set and how. I tried a lot and more options and combinations than I can list here.

In my case it was just a case of sooner or later and design time or runtime.

rvk

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2023, 12:07:11 am »
Thank you! Now the compiled exe works! But it still doesn't work if I want to set connected=true in the inspector of the Lazarus ide (I removed the Firebird server to make sure I was only using embedded). Anyway I can reinstall the server now
You can't use embedded directly in the IDE.
For that you would also need to copy all the embedded files to the lazarus.exe directory.
(don't do that  :P).

Embedded only works with the dll in the exe directory and when setting connected to true in the IDE it's effectively the IDE which makes the connection (not your .exe).

So if you are using Firebird in the IDE and in your program you are better off installing the server and test your program in Windows sandbox with only embedded files once its done. And during development you use your local server (you can still leave the hostname empty).

calm_sea

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2023, 10:58:10 am »
ok, now everything is clear. thanks a lot to all of you

TinyPortal © 2005-2018