Forum > Databases

download fbembed.dll

<< < (4/5) > >>

calm_sea:
thanks everyone for the replies. I still haven't solved it because I can't correctly configure the parameters for IBConnection. I leave the host name empty, set database, but it doesn't seem to find the libraries. I don't see any properties for the library path, nor a protocol property. I am using windows at moment.

rvk:

--- Quote from: calm_sea on January 21, 2023, 01:05:48 pm ---(...) but it doesn't seem to find the libraries. I don't see any properties for the library path, nor a protocol property. I am using windows at moment.

--- End quote ---
And where did you put contents of the .zip of the entire Firebird database Engine?
I.e. where did you put the fbclient.dll?

Embedded you want them in your exe directory.
Installed the installer will put a fbclient.dll in the correct windows directory so it is found automatically.

calm_sea:
I have the FB files in the exe directory. Now the error is "DoInternalConnect: -Unable to complete request to host "xnet://Global\FIREBIRD". I've been searching the web for similar problems, but nothing yet. I beleave xnet.. has to be local ...

Jurassic Pork:
hello,
in your app folder, you must put also the plugins and intl directories (with their files) of the firebird installation files.
Friendly, J.P

calm_sea:
Thank you! Now the compiled exe works! But it still doesn't work if I want to set connected=true in the inspector of the Lazarus ide (I removed the Firebird server to make sure I was only using embedded). Anyway I can reinstall the server now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version