Forum > General

Has anyone used Free Pascal to connect with chatGPT (OpenAI)?

(1/16) > >>

indydev:
I am trying to get a simple console application to connect with OpenAI's chatGPT. There are libraries for several languages, but of course they don't have one for Free Pascal. However I was told that I could connect using HTTP and that I should look into using Synapse. I have never used the library, so this is my first attempt at doing this.

This is what I have so far (not working!):

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---program OpenAI; {$mode objfpc}{$H+}uses  SysUtils, Classes, httpsend, Crt; const  GREETING = 'Hello! I am your Assistant. Do you have any questions for me?';  FAREWELL = 'Thank you for asking me your questions I enjoy helping out when I can. Goodbye!'; var  input: string;  HTTP: THTTPSend;  Response: TStringList;  URL: string;  APIKey: string;  i: integer;  procedure Initialize;begin  URL := 'https://api.openai.com/v1/questions/answers';  APIKey := 'sk-sjLaiEls3i9l29lzOKA2MjdIwlpSK19jyN3q8D5WvAchK4';  //  <--not real key   HTTP := THTTPSend.Create;    HTTP.MimeType := 'application/json';  HTTP.UserName := APIKey;  HTTP.Password := '';  HTTP.Headers.Add('Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded');  HTTP.HTTPMethod('POST', URL);end; function getInput: string;begin  write('> ');  readln(Result);end; function isGoodbye(input: string): boolean;begin  Result := (input = 'goodbye') or (input = 'bye') or (input = 'quit');end; function getOpenAI_Response(input: string): TStringList;var  Buffer: PChar;begin  Buffer := PChar(input);  Result := TStringList.Create;  HTTP.Document.Clear;  HTTP.Document.Write(Buffer^, Length(input));  Response.LoadFromStream(HTTP.Document);end; begin  ClrScr;  Initialize;  writeln(GREETING);  try    repeat        input := getInput;        Response := getOpenAI_Response(input);        for i := 0 to Response.Count -1 do        begin           writeln(Response[i]);        end;    until isGoodbye(Lowercase(input));  Finally    Response.Free;    HTTP.Free;  end;  writeln(FAREWELL);  readln;end. 

I don't see any examples using HTTP since most of the people connecting just use one of the 8 languages they already support.  If you have a way, or are familiar with httpsend in Synapse I'm looking for a helping hand. Thanks.

Simiba7:
Hello I am new to Lazarus as well as programming but I would also be very interested to accomplish this. :)

I have managed  to connect to the API with the cURL method and get a response.
However, I always get this error message.

{,"    ""error"": {","        ""message"": ""We could not parse the JSON body of your request. (HINT: This likely means you aren't using your HTTP library correctly. The OpenAI API expects a JSON payload, but what was sent was not valid JSON. If you have trouble figuring out how to fix this, please send an email to support@openai.com and include any relevant code you'd like help with.)"",","        ""type"": ""invalid_request_error"",","        ""param"": null,","        ""code"": null","    }",

This is the code I used:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- uses   SysUtils, Classes, Process; var  url: string;  AStringList : TStringList;  Aprocess: TProcess;   begin    AProcess := TProcess.Create(nil);   url:='https://api.openai.com/v1/completions';   AProcess.Executable:='curl';   //AProcess.Parameters.Add('-X POST');   AProcess.Parameters.Add(url);   AProcess.Parameters.Add('-H "Authorization: Bearer API-KEY"');   AProcess.Parameters.Add('-H "Content-Type: application/json"');   AProcess.Parameters.Add('-d ''{"model": "text-davinci-003", "prompt": "Say this is a test", "temperature": 0, "max_tokens": 7}''');    AProcess.Options := AProcess.Options + [poWaitOnExit, poUsePipes];   AProcess.Execute;   AStringList := TStringList.Create;   AStringList.LoadFromStream(AProcess.Output);   Label1.Caption:= AStringList.CommaText;  end;       
Here the question is embedded and the answer will be output in Label1.

(I also asked Chatt-GPT for a possible solution to the problem, it decided to insert the excluded line, but with this I got "Error 400 bad". But maybe it would be the right approach...)

Maybe this will bring you a little further ;)

I would be happy if we could solve the problem.
Happy holidays

ccrause:

--- Quote from: indydev on December 21, 2022, 04:41:43 am ---I don't see any examples using HTTP since most of the people connecting just use one of the 8 languages they already support.  If you have a way, or are familiar with httpsend in Synapse I'm looking for a helping hand. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
See making requests in the documentation.  This shows a simple request example. Comparing the headers in the example with your code shows that the Authorization header field seems to be missing.  Also, the query should be packed into a JSON structure, as per example.

ccrause:

--- Quote from: Simiba7 on December 22, 2022, 11:21:36 pm ---
--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---   AProcess.Parameters.Add('-d ''{"model": "text-davinci-003", "prompt": "Say this is a test", "temperature": 0, "max_tokens": 7}''');
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure the JSON text should be inside single quotes. Try removing the single quotes before the { and after the  }.  Alternatively replace the single quotes with double quotes (") around the JSON, similar to the other parameters.

Thaddy:
Here's a simpler example that works, do not forget to substitute YOUR_API_KEY with your own:
--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---program testopenai;{$mode objfpc}{$ofdef mswindows}{$apptype console}{$endif}uses Classes, Process;var  AStringList : TStrings;  Aprocess: TProcess;  begin   AProcess := TProcess.Create(nil);   try     AProcess.Options := AProcess.Options + [poWaitOnExit,poUsePipes];     AProcess.Executable:='curl.exe';     AProcess.Parameters.Add('https://api.openai.com/v1/models/text-davinci-003');     AProcess.Parameters.Add('-H');     Aprocess.Parameters.Add('"Authorization: Bearer YOUR_API_KEY"'); // do not quote your_APi_KEY!!     AProcess.Execute;     try       AStringList := TStringList.Create;       AStringList.LoadFromStream(AProcess.Output);            Writeln(AStringList.Text);     finally       AStringList.Free;     end;   Finally       AProcess.Free;   end;end.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version