Forum > Other

Pascal is dead?

(1/7) > >>

BlueIcaro:
Hello, according this:

https://www.hillelwayne.com/post/influential-dead-languages/

Pascal is dead, then may be we are all us dead in this forum?

/BlueIcaro

marcov:
Actually it is a rebuttal to declaring of Pascal is dead. If you look at his "Cause of death" paragraph he mentions Delphi still being high in TIOBE.

At least that is then finally good for something :-)

440bx:
@marcov beat me to the punch. 

I was going to make the same point.  The author openly states that he does not consider Pascal dead (and it definitely isn't in spite of not being nearly as popular as it once was.)

Чебурашка:

--- Quote from: 440bx on December 19, 2022, 10:14:13 am ---@marcov beat me to the punch. 

I was going to make the same point.  The author openly states that he does not consider Pascal dead (and it definitely isn't in spite of not being nearly as popular as it once was.)

--- End quote ---

Feeling is that besides the fact that new languages have been invented, the biggest reason why Pascal is no longer so popular is that in commercial contexts, not all companies like to rely on "unsupported" tools, in the sense that they feel more safe in using a tools that has some other "official" company that guarantees some support for that (as it was Borland or how are Microsoft and Oracle nowadays).

egsuh:
Yes. Blaise Pascal died in 1662 A.D. at the age of 39.  :D :D

Some web-developers say they prefer JAVA because it is cross-platform, which applies to FreePascal as well.  But sadly there are not many Pascal web developers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version