Recent

Author Topic: Ide problem scroll down  (Read 1524 times)

superc

Ide problem scroll down
« on: December 16, 2022, 04:27:04 pm »
Hello,

I use Lazarus 2.2.4 with fpc 3.2.2, and I installed anchordocking and anchordockingDsgn; as in the photo I don't scroll on bottom design form whereas before a scrollbar  appeared and the mouse wheel worked; all this has been since i unplugged a monitor and now i only use the laptop screen; is there a way to reset the ide?

Thanks in advance.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Ide problem scroll down
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 06:43:45 pm »
Are you using "sparta" or "DockedFormEditor" ?

The sparta* packages are not really maintained....

KodeZwerg

• Fifty shades of code.
    • Delphi & FreePascal
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 06:55:53 pm »
Are you using "DockedFormEditor" ?
I just assume yes and show my setting.
First image that I got scrollbars, next my DockedForm settings.
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 31:76:97 xm by KodeZwerg »

superc

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 08:21:29 am »
Hello,

on the workstation job with 3 screens I moved the tab with the problem to the central screen and voilà, as in the photo, the scrollbar and the resolution are ok; moved this screen to your laptop screen and closed Lazarus when you reopen the scrollbars are displayed correctly;
so in order not to run into the error I must always close Lazarus in the laptop monitor otherwise it seems that it carries with it the configuration of the last screen on which it is open, thus not refreshing the resolutions correctly: is this anomalous behavior for you? for me it is.

Thanks in advance.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 01:33:55 pm »
Do the  screens have different PPI (scale) settings?

If so, rephrasing you last statement:
The scrollbars are missing when you move the designer from one screen to another screen, and the other screen has different ppi scaling?

That would be a bug.
(I can't test it myself / I don't use docking at all)

superc

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 02:09:46 pm »
Do the  screens have different PPI (scale) settings?

If so, rephrasing you last statement:
The scrollbars are missing when you move the designer from one screen to another screen, and the other screen has different ppi scaling?

That would be a bug.
(I can't test it myself / I don't use docking at all)

Hello Martin_fr,

surely laptop screen and monitor screen have different ppi scaling, but, do you know in which file this configuration is saved, in order to restore it?
Thanks in advance.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 02:22:07 pm »
I don't know exactly.

All config is in the "primary config path" (View > Ide Internals > About IDE).
On Windows <APPDATA>/lazarus   (Appdata is a hidden folder in you user folder).

My guess is, it's either docking or desktop related files (xml files).

Though, info could also be in your project session (depending on your settings part of the lpi, or separate lps file / or even lps in the primary conf path).

Yet, if the coordinates are correct after a IDE restart, it would seem the info is correctly stored.

PPI info won't be stored at all. That is determined live, while the IDE is running. (Or - as I was recently informed - in case of different scaling per monitor, it is left to Windows)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 02:36:42 pm »
I can't seem to reproduce it with just DockedFormEditor (under Lazarus 2.2.5). And I have no indent to install Anchordocking at the moment.

"DockedFormEditor" => Menu: Package > Install/Uninstall Packages
And no packages with "sparta" in the name are installed (they are buggy and don't work)

I have several screens at 100% scaling, and one screen at 125% scaling.  (Setup via Windows) / Windows 10.

I resized the form in the designer to get scrollbars.
I did move the SourceEditor with the embedded designer between the screens.

So either it's AnchorDocking or I am missing a step to reproduce.

Maybe someone else can reproduce.
This isn't my main area of expertise.

dseligo

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 09:33:09 pm »
And no packages with "sparta" in the name are installed (they are buggy and don't work)

Why aren't 'sparta' packages removed from available packages if they are buggy?

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 06:58:43 pm »
I tried them "all", those docking helpers. The costed my more time, than moving every windows by hand.
Uninstalled. All of them.

I use the Lazasus' "save desktop as.." in the meanwhile and I am happy with it.
Instead of docking managers I took time to "dock" the layout by hand (=I dragged them side by side manually) and I just click "restore layout" to have my windows "docked".

What made the last drop to uninstall them all was a situation, that my windows were lined up in a way they could not be moved any more. I posted here and was told "ah, in this case, you are stuck".

Dock no more ;-)

jcmontherock

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 09:45:48 pm »
I only use AnchordockingDsgn not both AnchordockingDsgn and anchordocking. I noticed that with a lot of component in my form I got a lot of problems with my form with both packages.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:48:38 pm by jcmontherock »
Windows 11 UTF8-64 - Lazarus 3.2-64 - FPC 3.2.2

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:39 pm »
I only use AnchordockingDsgn not both AnchordockingDsgn and anchordocking. I noticed that with a lot of component in my form I got a lot of problems with my form with both packages.

AnchorDockingDsgn uses AnchorDocking. So you do use both.

In general the *Dsgn packages are usually the registration part into the IDE. And they always pull in the non-Dsgn package

AnchorDocking contains all the code to have docking. You could use AnchorDocking in any project of your own.
But AnchorDocking does not tell the IDE how to use it. AnchorDockingDsgn changes the IDE to make the correct calls to AnchorDocking.

AnchorDockingDsgn you can't use in your own app (well not without a lot of workarounds). AnchorDockingDsgn expects to find the IDE code in the app.

And AnchorDocking is for all forms except the designer. AnchorDocking can not dock the designer.

That is where DockedFormEditor comes in. And you can use DockedFormEditor with or without AnchorDocking.

And last not least: Make sure you do not have anything ...sparta... in your installed packages.

Well, very last.... If you get issues, and if you can't find an existing bug report => create a bug report.
(Ideally tested against 2.3)

Which should have at least one of...
- steps to reproduce (can include a project, which if opened will cause the issue)
- stacktrace with line numbers and unit names (if it is a crash)

Without good bug reports, it is not likely to improve much.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018