Recent

Author Topic: ChatGPT and lazarus  (Read 1103 times)

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
ChatGPT and lazarus
« on: December 07, 2022, 09:10:11 am »
I tried some chatting by chatgpc project , I think next programming will be AI and Human interactions...

Me: Could you please give an hello world app by lazarus/fpc

GPT: Sure, here is a simple "Hello, World!" program that you can create with Lazarus and the Free Pascal compiler:

Copy code
begin
  writeln('Hello, World!');
end.
To create and run this program with Lazarus, you would follow these steps:

Install the Lazarus IDE and the Free Pascal compiler on your computer.
Launch Lazarus and create a new project by selecting "Console Application" from the available project types.
In the main Pascal source file, replace the existing code with the "Hello, World!" program shown above.
Save the project and compile it by clicking on the "Build" button in the Lazarus IDE.
After the project is compiled successfully, run it by clicking on the "Run" button. This will launch the program and display the "Hello, World!" message in the console.
That's all there is to it! As you can see, creating a simple program with Lazarus and Free Pascal is easy and straightforward. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

domasz

Re: ChatGPT and lazarus
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 09:20:26 am »
Those AIs like ChatGPT or Copilot have 2 problems:
1) programs often look like then make sense but they don't
2) they are made from parts of actual programs written by actual programmers. I don't know about ChatGPT but Copilot is just ignoring licenses and stealing code

I believe a lot of jobs can be replaced by software&hardware but programmers will be ones of the last.

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
Re: ChatGPT and lazarus
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 12:55:47 pm »
Ofcourse it can help only for already known problems, I get some help for this forum question:

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,61515.msg462947/topicseen.html#new

So thats the chat:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME: How to hide window button of the console/cmd screen in lazarus/fpc

GPT: It is not possible to hide the window buttons on a console or command prompt screen in Lazarus/Free Pascal. The console or command prompt is a separate application from your Lazarus/Free Pascal program, and it does not provide any methods or properties that allow you to manipulate the appearance of its window.

In general, you cannot control the appearance of the console or command prompt window from a Lazarus/Free Pascal program. The only way to hide the window buttons would be to use the operating system's window management functions to manipulate the console or command prompt window directly, but this is not possible using Lazarus/Free Pascal alone.

If you want to hide the window buttons on a form in your Lazarus/Free Pascal program, you can use the BorderStyle property of the TForm object, as I described in my previous response. This property allows you to control the type of border and buttons that are displayed on the form, including the option to hide the buttons completely. However, this will only affect the form within your Lazarus/Free Pascal program, and it will not affect the console or command prompt window.

ME:
How to access owner console window of the owner instance by lazarus/fpc

GPT:
It is not possible to access the owner console window of an instance of a Lazarus/Free Pascal program using the Lazarus/Free Pascal language alone. The Lazarus/Free Pascal language is a high-level programming language that does not provide any direct access to the underlying operating system or its components, including the console or command prompt window.

In general, the Lazarus/Free Pascal language is not well-suited for interacting with the console or command prompt window. If you need to access the owner console window from a Lazarus/Free Pascal program, you will need to use a different programming language or approach that provides this functionality.

One possible way to access the owner console window from a Lazarus/Free Pascal program would be to use the WinAPI unit, which provides access to the Windows API. This would allow you to call Windows API functions that provide the functionality you need to manipulate the console or command prompt window. However, this approach is not recommended unless you are an experienced programmer and are familiar with the Windows API. It can be difficult to use and may not be portable to other operating systems.

Another possible way to access the owner console window from a Lazarus/Free Pascal program would be to use the ShellAPI unit, which provides access to the Shell API. This would allow you to call Shell API functions that provide the functionality you need to manipulate the console or command prompt window. This approach is somewhat easier to use than the WinAPI unit, but it is still not recommended unless you are an experienced programmer and are familiar with the Shell API. It may also not be portable to other operating systems.

ME:
How can I do hide buttons of the any window in windows by API

GPT:
To hide the window buttons of any window in Windows using the Windows API, you can use the SetWindowLong and GetWindowLong functions from the Windows unit. These functions allow you to manipulate the extended style attributes of a window, including the option to hide the window buttons.

Here is an example of how to use the SetWindowLong and GetWindowLong functions to hide the window buttons of a window in Windows:

Copy code
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. uses Windows;
  3. var
  4.   Wnd: HWND;  // Handle to the window
  5.   Style: LongInt;  // Window style attributes
  6. begin
  7.   // Get the handle to the window you want to hide the buttons for
  8.   Wnd := FindWindow('classname', 'caption');
  10.   // Get the current window style attributes
  11.   Style := GetWindowLong(Wnd, GWL_STYLE);
  13.   // Modify the window style to hide the buttons
  14.   Style := Style and not (WS_SYSMENU or WS_MINIMIZEBOX or WS_MAXIMIZEBOX);
  16.   // Set the modified window style attributes
  17.   SetWindowLong(Wnd, GWL_STYLE, Style);
  18. end;
This code will hide the window buttons for the window with the specified classname and caption. You will need to replace these values with the appropriate values for the window you want to manipulate.

Note that you must include the Windows unit in your code in order to use the SetWindowLong and GetWindowLong functions. You can do this by adding the following line at the top of your code:

Copy code
uses Windows;
This will allow you to use the SetWindowLong, GetWindowLong, and FindWindow functions in your code.

Keep in mind that manipulating the extended style attributes of a window using the SetWindowLong and GetWindowLong functions is a low-level operation and should be used with caution. It can have unintended side effects, and it may not be portable to other operating systems. It is generally recommended to use the built-in methods and properties of the Lazarus/Free Pascal language to manipulate the appearance of a window, if possible.

ME:
give me an example GetConsoleTitle

GPT:
To use the GetConsoleTitle function in Windows, you must first include the Windows unit in your code. This unit provides access to the Windows API, which includes the GetConsoleTitle function. Here is an example of how to use the GetConsoleTitle function:

Copy code
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. uses Windows;
  3. var
  4.   Title: array[0..255] of Char;  // Buffer to store the console title
  5. begin
  6.   // Get the console title and store it in the buffer
  7.   GetConsoleTitle(Title, Length(Title));
  9.   // Do something with the console title
  10.   ShowMessage(Title);
  11. end;
This code will retrieve the console title and store it in the Title buffer. The title will then be displayed using the ShowMessage function.

Note that the GetConsoleTitle function is a low-level function and should be used with caution. It is generally recommended to use the built-in methods and properties of the Lazarus/Free Pascal language to manipulate the console window, if possible. Additionally, the GetConsoleTitle function is not portable to other operating systems, so it should only be used on Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just changed for cosmetical issues like as code area

TinyPortal © 2005-2018