Recent

Author Topic: compatibility between different versions of lamw  (Read 729 times)

xinyiman

• Lazarus and Free Pascal italian community
compatibility between different versions of lamw
« on: December 04, 2022, 11:23:18 pm »
Hi all, last year I started writing a program with LAMW that allows me to manage the warehouse, (LAMW installed on windows). Works well. But now after a year I reinstalled LAMW on linux (ubuntu). Both systems configured with LAMW Manager. If I create a new project on linux, no problem. But if I try to reopen my old program on the new linux machine, lazarus tells me "access violation". Is there a tool for converting programs to be compatible between different versions of lazarus?

Thank you
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac
Lazarus: 2.1.0
FPC: 3.3.1

Mongkey

Re: compatibility between different versions of lamw
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 03:08:59 pm »
Just copy all your worked LAMW package, if you already comfort with all your did project, if you want install to another machine, just re copy your comfort LAMW into a new machine.  :), Never update your LAMW except ypu understand with what you are doing, usually it needs a bunch of coffee to migrate.

nobody.00

Re: compatibility between different versions of lamw
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 04:57:19 am »
Hi all, last year I started writing a program with LAMW that allows me to manage the warehouse, (LAMW installed on windows). Works well. But now after a year I reinstalled LAMW on linux (ubuntu). Both systems configured with LAMW Manager. If I create a new project on linux, no problem. But if I try to reopen my old program on the new linux machine, lazarus tells me "access violation". Is there a tool for converting programs to be compatible between different versions of lazarus?

Thank you

This statement is incorrect, this is not a problem with LAMW, but with Lazarus
Since version 2.1.x there have been changes in the structure of project files
Per the release notes https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.2.0_release_notes#LPI.26LPS_project_files:_XML_structure_changed
Still according to this documentation there is a utility called fixlp to help you in this process.
Fixp can be found at: https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/applications/fixlp/

TinyPortal © 2005-2018