Recent

Author Topic: Juggling Multiple Lazarus Projects  (Read 2688 times)

Aruna

Re: Juggling Multiple Lazarus Projects
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2022, 03:09:22 pm »
Interesting, may be a linux bug.
Yes could be a linux bug or could be just my system. Debian is usually rock solid, stable and robust with zero surprises this being said when it does decide to surprise you things are definitely no longer fun  :) 

@dbannon: That should be a filter edit (there is a special control). The "Search here" should be .TextHint, i.e. you don't need to clear it...
@Martin_fr  please have a look at this, we already have this functionality built in to TListBox: TListBox built-in search+filter functionality

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2022, 06:48:35 pm »
@Martin_fr  please have a look at this, we already have this functionality built in to TListBox: TListBox built-in search+filter functionality
Why? Because the Examples window does not use TListBox. It uses TListView.
Besides the feature in TListBox you demonstrated is a search, not a filter, and it depends on a widgetset's native behavior. May not work the same on every platform.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Aruna

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2022, 08:56:29 pm »
Why? Because the Examples window does not use TListBox. It uses TListView.
Besides the feature in TListBox you demonstrated is a search, not a filter, and it depends on a widgetset's native behavior. May not work the same on every platform.
Oh dear, you are right I am using GTK and that could very well be native behaviour I totally forgot that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018