Recent

Author Topic: Using PascalScript to implement a custom shell  (Read 665 times)

kveroneau

Using PascalScript to implement a custom shell
« on: December 01, 2022, 01:13:35 am »
Hello everyone!

It's been quite awhile since I posted, believe my last thread was all about the heap server I wrote in ObjectPascal.  Anyways, that isn't what brings me over to the forums to make a new post today.  I've been working on a new program which originally was going to be a rewrite of http://supervisord.org/ in ObjectPascal so I could use a similar program to it, but with much less system requirements.  While writing it, I ended up making it programmable via ObjectPascal, and thus an Interactive ObjectPascal shell program was born!  I haven't been using ObjectPascal as long as many others on this forum, so I wanted to get some insight from people whom may actually want to replace their current command processor with one which uses and can be programmed in Pascal itself.  I'm also not an expert on REM Object's PascalScript, and there is much more to be desired with my use of it.  If anyone is interested on making this project the best it could be by contributing better PascalScript support, I'd be incredibly thankful, and I am sure others who may be interested in such a project will also be just as thankful.

The other thing I'd love to ask, is to have my code reviewed by more proficient ObjectPascal developers, as I am sure there is a lot I could do better and optimize overall.  I cannot improve my own skills with the language if I do not know what I can do better, right?  I should note that I did use the dos unit for the simplicity of the Exec procedure, this may change to use the RunProgram in SysUtils, so I am very aware of that.

There are no external deps or libraries needed to build and run, besides Lazarus with the PascalScript component available.

GitHub repo:  https://github.com/kveroneau/Supervisor

TinyPortal © 2005-2018